The Giants had their only MetLife Stadium practice on Wednesday night as part of the Fan Fest. It was probably the hottest practice of the summer despite the 6 p.m. start with temperatures in the 90s and high humidity.
* It was the first time we saw Giants fans grace the seats of Metlife Stadium since Dec. 29, 2019. The crowd was into it, and even found the time to heckle an Eagles fan and Cowboys fan on different occasions.
* It was obvious that the crowd impacted the Giants players. Logan Ryan jogged out of the tunnel without his helmet on and took in the atmosphere while waving his hands to the crowd. It was the first time the New Jersey native was in his Giants jersey in front of the home fans. Leonard Williams was constantly trying to pump up the crowd. Dexter Lawrence, James Bradberry, Evan Engram and others played catch with fans in the crowd at different times. After practice, players threw T-shirts in the stands and Blake Martinez was signing some autographs.
* Daniel Jones' best throw of the day came in the first team session focused on the run game and play-action. After a play-action fake, he hit Darius Slayton moving towards the left sideline. Later, Rodarius Williams got his hands up to knock away a potential touchdown pass over the top going toward the back corner of the end zone. The defense kept the offense out of the end zone during those early high red zone (between the 10 to 20-yard line) drills. Madre Harper had good coverage during those high red zone periods, too.
View the best photos from the Giants Fan Fest on Wednesday night at MetLife Stadium.
* Jones completed two passes for touchdowns during the final red zone portion of practice. The first came on a pass to Cole Hikutini after play-action rollout to the right that created enough confusion to open up Hikutini. Hikutini had a couple of other catches throughout the night as he continues to capitalize on his opportunities in practice. The second touchdown pass was completed to Alfred Morris, but it came after would have likely been a sack by Oshane Ximines. Trent Harris had a sack a couple of plays earlier.
* Logan Ryan managed a fumble recovery on the first play of the team portion of practice. He could have taken it back for a touchdown.
* Sterling Shepard had a trio of catches in the short and intermediate areas, mostly on quick-hitters.
* The offensive and defensive lines were working during 1-on-1s picking up blitzes, stunts and twists at walk-through speed.
* Practice ended just in time as a lightning storm rolled in right after practice concluded.