The Giants were back in pads today and will participate in another padded practice Saturday before their second off-day of camp on Sunday. It was the hottest practice of camp, with temperatures approaching 90 degrees.
* Today's practice featured a strong performance by the defense. The defensive line was in the backfield often, with pressures by Leonard Williams and Dexter Williams during team drills. During a brief 1-on-1 session, there were couple of strong blocks from Andrew Thomas and Kenny Wiggins.
* On one play, Leonard Williams applied pressure on the quarterback and rookie Rodarius Williams was able to knock down a pass. Two plays later, Williams broke on another ball, stepped in front of the receiver and grabbed the interception. Earlier in practice, Williams also knocked away a short pass over the middle, popping it up in the air and into the hands of Jabrill Peppers for an interception.
* CJ Board had a couple of catches in practice. He continues to impress and his consistency as a receiver combined with his special teams prowess could force a difficult decision.
* Quincy Wilson had an interception, taking advantage of good coverage over the middle by Darnay Holmes.
* James Bradberry was able to knock away a pass. Cale Garrett also had a pass break-up, too. It was the second pass break-up of camp for the first-year linebacker out of Missouri. Niko Lalos knocked down a pass after reading a slant route behind him.
* The offense had its moments in practice, as well. Daniel Jones hit Evan Engram for what could have turned into a long gain after the catch.
* Joshua Kalu put an exclamation point on the defense toward the end of practice with an interception.
* Clayton Thorson showed off his foot speed on a pass play, outrunning rushing defensive linemen to the sideline where he picked up a first down. Jones showed off his wheels on a keeper play around the edge later in practice.
* The Giants practiced some specific situations at the end of the morning. The final plays featured the offense trying to move the ball from their own 1-yard line.
View the top photos from Friday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.