1.** Demps was originally drafted out of the University of Texas at El Paso by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fourth round (117th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft. After two seasons with the Eagles, he moved on to play for the Texans (2010-2012) and Chiefs (2013) with a brief stint with the UFL's Hartford Colonials in 2010.
- Giants.com Free Agent Central
Stats, highlights, and photos of the 2014 NFL Free Agents...
- Jon Beason on remaining in NY
LB Jon Beason discusses his goals for 2014...
- Giants add LB Jameel McClain
The Giants have announced the signing of Free Agent ameel McClain...
2014 Free Agency Central 2. He has played in 64 games throughout his seven-year NFL career, making all six of his career starts last season in Kansas City, where he notched 35 tackles and nine passes defensed, and four interceptions (all career highs for a season).
3. Demps has also made an impact returning kicks, averaging 27.4 yards on 96 career returns. He has two touchdowns in that department -- a 100-yarder as a rookie in 2009 and another for 95 yards last season. In 2013, Demps averaged a career-high 30.1 yards on 33 returns, four of which went for 40 yards or longer.
4. At 5-11 and 208 pounds, the 28-year-old has 126 career tackles, a sack, 22 passes defensed, seven interceptions, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
5. Demps notched 17 career interceptions at UTEP and became the first player in school and Conference USA history to have two 100-yard interception returns in both a season and a career. As a senior in 2007, he was a third-team All-American and had five interceptions for 220 yards and five touchdowns, 72 tackles, a 13.3-yard punt return average and a 22.4-yard kickoff return average. He prepped at Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio, Texas.