Shaun O'Hara grades the different position groups...
Experts analyze team
Here's what the experts are saying after the third-straight win...
Giants All-Time Passing Leaders](http://www.giants.com/photos/photos/Top-10-Giants-Passing-Leaders/b2efda89-98b1-467e-a1db-adf23d4136b1#start) EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – In the Giants' victory Sunday against the Oakland Raiders in MetLife Stadium, Eli Manning started his 144th regular season game, which is the equivalent of nine full NFL seasons. He has started those games consecutively, which is the longest streak among the league's active quarterbacks and the third-longest in history. Only Brett Favre (297) and Eli's older brother, Peyton Manning (208), have started more consecutive games among quarterbacks than Manning, who is 81-63 (.563) in the regular season.
What follows is how Manning's statistics compare with all other active quarterbacks who have started at least 144 games, as well as several notable retired quarterbacks, including Favre; Hall of Famers Dan Marino, Joe Montana and John Elway; Mark Brunell, who started most of his games playing for Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville; and Phil Simms, whose Giants career passing records Manning has broken. Thanks to the Elias Sports Bureau for providing the statistics.
- Eli Manning's totals are only for his 144 starts and do not include the three completions and 66 yards he had on nine attempts as a reserve in his NFL debut at Philadelphia on Sept. 12, 2004.
All five active quarterbacks with at least 144 games have played in a Super Bowl. Hasselbeck is the only one of the five who did not win it at least once.
- Including his totals from his first game, Eli Manning has 33,834 passing yards in his 10 NFL seasons. His father, Archie Manning, finished his 14-year career with 23,911 yards.
- Eli has 222 touchdown passes and 160 interceptions. His father's career totals were 125 touchdown passes and 173 interceptions.
- Entering games this weekend, the Manning family has thrown for 120,481 yards, 816 touchdowns and 548 interceptions.
- The difference in the numbers posted by the two Giants quarterbacks indicates how much more of a passing league the NFL is now compared to Simms' era. In the same number of starts, Manning has thrown 544 more passes, has 465 more completions, 3,421 more yards and 38 more touchdown passes.
- Manning's 81-63 record breaks down 42-30 at home and 39-33 on the road.
Now in the second half of his 10th season, Manning holds all of the Giants' major career passing records:
- The franchise leader in interceptions is Charlie Conerly with 167. Manning has 160.
- Manning's 33,834 yards place him 23rd in NFL history. Steve DeBerg is 22nd with 34,241.
- Manning's 222 touchdown passes leave him 24th on the all-time list. Hall of Famer Steve Young is 23rd with 232.
- Manning holds the team record with 28 regular-season 300-yard games. Simms had 21.
- Manning's 144 consecutive regular-season starts is 23 games longer than the current runner-up, San Diego's Philip Rivers – the player for whom he was traded on draft day in 2004.
|Longest Consecutive Starting Streaks By NFL Quarterbacks|
- Since Manning made his starting debut on Nov. 21, 2004, 152 different quarterbacks have started a game for the other 31 NFL teams, including 24 in the NFC East.
- Manning has started against 67 different quarterbacks in the regular season. His highest victory total is against Jason Campbell (6-0) and Tony Romo (6-6). He was 5-4 vs. Donovan McNabb. Manning is 1-1 vs. Brady (plus 2-0 in Super Bowls), 1-4 vs. Brees, 1-2 vs. Hasselbeck and 0-3 vs. Peyton Manning.
Manning's 2,795 completions and 33,834 passing yards by receiver
- Includes three completions and 66 yards as a reserve at Philadelphia on Sept. 12, 2004
- 52 different receivers
- The Giants' defense has not allowed a second-half touchdown in four consecutive games, the first time that's happened since Sept. 23-Oct. 15, 2007 against Washington, Philadelphia, the Jets and Atlanta.
When Andre Brown started at running back on Sunday he became the sixth player to start at that position and the eighth player to start in the backfield for the Giants this season. The other starting running backs were David Wilson, DaRel Scott, Brandon Jacobs, Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox. The Giants have also had two starting fullbacks in Henry Hynoski and John Conner. According to Elias, this is the first time the Giants have started eight different players in the backfield since 1981. They are the first NFL team to start that many running backs/fullbacks since 1987, when several teams started multiple players because of the strike replacement games.
- Brown has scored a touchdown in six consecutive games dating back to last season. That is the NFL's longest active streak and the longest by a Giant since Plaxico Burress scored in six games in a row in 2007.
- In their last three games, all victories, the Giants had 32, 31 and 38 rushing attempts, the first time they had at least 31 in each of three consecutive games since Sept. 27-Oct. 11, 2009, when they had 49, 33 and 41 in victories over Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Oakland.
- The Giants gained 251 yards Sunday against the Raiders, their lowest total in a regular-season victory since they had 238 yards in a victory over the Miami Dolphins in London on Oct. 28, 2007. They gained 230 yards in their NFC Divisional Playoff victory in Dallas on Jan. 13, 2008.
- The Giants had 133 rushing yards and 118 net passing yards against Oakland, the first time they had more yards on the ground than through the air since Dec. 13, 2010, when they rushed for 213 yards and passed for 182 in a victory over the Minnesota Vikings in Detroit.
- None of the Giants' last three opponents gained more than 213 yards, the first that's happened since the same three 2009 games cited above – Tampa Bay gained 86, Kansas City had 212 and Oakland finished with 124. The Giants are the first team to hold three consecutive opponents to less than 214 yards since the Houston Texans from Oct. 23-Nov. 6, 2011.
- Tom Coughlin said last week the Giants struggle to score at times in part because they don't produce as many big plays as they have in the past. He was referring primarily to the passing game, but it's also true on the ground. The Giants' longest run this season has been 18 yards, by David Wilson at Carolina on Sept. 22. Every other NFL team has a run of at least 24 yards this year. The Giants haven't had a run longer than 18 yards in 11 consecutive games, dating back to last season, the team's longest such streak since they went 11 in a row from Nov. 13, 1983 to Sept. 30, 1984.
- The Giants (12) and Raiders (11) combined for 23 completed passes on Sunday. That was the lowest total in a Giants game since Dec. 23, 2007, when the Bills (9) and the Giants (7) combined for 16 in a wild weather game in Buffalo.
- The Giants upended several trends when they defeated Oakland. They won despite trailing at the half, 17-14. The Giants are 1-6 this season and 18-50 when they trial after two quarters under Coughlin, who is 30-90 in his career in such games.
- The Giants also won despite a minus-1 turnover differential on Sunday (three giveaways and two takeaways), which was unusual for three reasons:
- One statistical trend stayed true to form. The Giants took the lead in the third quarter and are 3-0 this season and 66-8 under Coughlin when they are ahead entering the fourth quarter. Coughlin is 121-20 when leading after three quarters.
- The Giants are 3-0 when their opponents pass for fewer than 200 yards and 0-6 when they pass for more than 200 yards.
- The Giants have scored 165 points this season - 83 in the first half and 82 in the second half.
- The Raiders scored a touchdown on their first offensive possession Sunday, though it was hardly a milestone feat considering they had to travel just five yards after recovering Jerrel Jernigan's fumble on the opening kickoff. They were the first Giants opponent to score a first-series touchdown since Baltimore last Dec. 23. That's not exactly a predictor as to who will win the game. Under Coughlin, the Giants are 17-17 when their opponents score a first-possession touchdown.