The Giants concluded their spring practices on Wednesday with their second day of minicamp. Temperatures were in the 70s, but clouds and lightning rolled in late, which forced practice to end early.
* Daniel Jones showed off his arm strength with some ropes down the middle of the field.
* The play of the day from the offense came on a common connection: Daniel Jones to David Sills. The receiver went long, and Jones put the ball right on him for a big gain.
* Jones hooked up with tight end Lawrence Cager for a 20-yard touchdown toward the end of practice. Cager has quietly put together a strong offseason. As a former wide receiver, he knows how to separate from defenders and make plays down the field.
* The defense had some plays of its own. Linebacker Bobby Okereke made a nice play in coverage in the shallow middle of the field. He read the quarterback and got underneath an intermediate route, popping the ball up in the air before it fell incomplete.
* Rookie cornerback Deonte Banks got his hand on another pass, which has become a habit during practices. He turned around and located the ball before knocking it away.
* After a heavy focus on red zone execution on Tuesday, they did more full field work away from the end zones on Wednesday.
Must-see photos from minicamp as spring practices come to a close at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.