The Giants hosted their first of two minicamp practices on Tuesday at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The weather was perfect with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the high 70s.
* Bill Parcells made an appearance at practice and addressed the team afterwards. "Just about accountability," quarterback Daniel Jones said of the Hall of Fame coach's message. "You know, talking about what makes a team great and what tests a team in a season and staying close, staying together, taking accountability for your role on the team. I think it was a great message."
* The Giants focused on situational football throughout the walk-through portions of practice. They drilled goal-line run schemes and various end-of-game scenarios, from navigating clock management at the end of games to last-second plays to try and score.
* Wide receiver Parris Campbell was a frequent target of Daniel Jones during practice, catching a touchdown during the first set of 7-on-7 drills. During the "move the ball" part of 7-on-7 at the end of practice, they connected five times, including four straight targets at the beginning of the drive. He had the big play of the drive, catching a pass on a short route before turning it up the sideline for an explosive play.
* To close out that drive, Daniel Jones found wide receiver Darius Slayton on a deep ball.
* During the red zone 7-on-7 period, wide receiver Jamison Crowder had a pair of touchdown catches. Collin Johnson caught a TD pass from Tyrod Taylor, and Jeff Smith tight-roped the end line for a touchdown of his own. David Sills caught a pair of touchdowns from Tyrod Taylor, too.
* Running back Eric Gray caught a short pass from Tommy DeVito and showed his dynamic change of direction ability to get into the end zone.
* The defense made plays of their own, with safety Bobby McCain the star of the show. He jumped a pass for an interception during red zone 7-on-7 drills. Later, he knocked away a short pass. On the very next play he got there a step sooner and picked off the pass before returning it for a touchdown.
* Linebacker Carter Coughlin added a pass-break-up on a short pass. Cor'Dale Flott knocked away a pass during the "move the ball" portion of practice.
* There's one more practice tomorrow before the players hit the field again for training camp at the end of July.
Must-see photos from minicamp as spring practices come to a close at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.