With the sixth pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New York Giants selected defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence of Clemson. Here are five things to know about the new Giant:
1. Lawrence declared for the NFL Draft after completing his Clemson career with 162 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 11 sacks, 43 quarterback pressures, five pass breakups, a caused fumble and three recovered fumbles in 1,541 snaps over 40 games (36 starts).
2. The 6-foot-4, 342-pound defensive tackle was a first-team All-American a three-time All-ACC selection.
3. NFL.com scouting report: Enormous frame with intimidating combination of size and power. Healthier and much quicker in 2018. Impressive athletic ability for his size. Footwork allows disruptive power to travel down the down the line. Agility to defeat or recover quickly from cut blocks. Possesses booming upper-body power. Disengages from single blocks whenever he wants to. Able to thwart seal blocks and mangle down blocks that miss the target. Has potential to eat double teams and let his linebackers roam free. Ball carriers are finished once he gets his hands on them. Punishing bull-rusher with leg drive to constrict pocket space.
4. In 2018, he was credited with 44 tackles (7.5 for loss), three pass breakups, 1.5 sacks, a fumble recovery, a blocked kick and a rushing touchdown in 467 combined offensive and defensive snaps over 13 games (all starts).
5. Lawrence did 36 reps in the bench press at the combine, the second-most among all participants.