With the 95th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New York Giants selected outside linebacker Oshane Ximines of Old Dominion. Here are five things to know about the new Giant:
1. A two-time First-Team Conference USA selection, Ximines finished fifth in FBS with 12 sacks in 2018. He was also tied for 10th with 18.5 tackles for loss and sixth with four forced fumbles.
2. Among active FBS players, Ximines ranked second in career sacks (33) and tied for first in forced fumbles (11). He was born in Queens, N.Y., but grew up in Ahoskie, N.C.
3. NFL.com scouting report: Takes to coaching and is a student of the game. Has keen sense of timing in his operation. Feet and hands in constant state of harmony. Hands both proactive and reactive playing run or pass. Advanced rush approach too much for his level of competition. Logs sacks game after game and doesn't pad stats in just one or two games. Gets off snap quickly to leverage his rush. Potent two-hand swipe to soften the edge. Disguises inside counter without slowing. Wicked spin counter could become signature move. Surprising pop in his punch to jolt and separate. Strong, sudden hands to discard blocking tight ends.
4. Measurables: Height – 6-3; Weight – 253 pounds; Arms – 33"; Hands – 9 7/8"; 40-yard dash – 4.78 sec.; Bench press – 24 reps; Vertical jump – 34"; Broad jump – 118"; 3-cone drill – 7.13 sec.; 20-yard shuttle – 4.57 sec.
5. He finished his career with 33 sacks, 51.5 tackles for loss, and 11 forced fumbles, all ODU records. He went on to become the first player in school history to receive an invitation to the Senior Bowl and the first ever to be drafted to the NFL.