They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news around the NFC East:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (5-6, 2-1 NFC EAST)
Week 12: W, 20-14 vs. Giants
Streak: Won 1
Next: vs. Cowboys (Mon. night)
• With five games left in the regular season, the Redskins have already surpassed their win total from 2014 when they went 4-12. Washington, which is 5-1 at home and 0-5 on the road, also extended its winning streak at FedEx Field to five games. It is the Redskins' longest streak in a single season since 1991.
• Cornerback Quinton Dunbar, who intercepted Eli Manning in the end zone on Sunday, dislocated his index finger and will see a hand specialist, according to coach Jay Gruden. Meanwhile, tight end Derek Carrier sprained his Achilles, running back Chris Thompson left with a shoulder injury but returned, and defensive lineman Chris Baker injured his elbow.
• Washington's remaining games: vs. Dallas (3-8), at Chicago (5-6), vs. Buffalo (5-6), at Philadelphia (4-7), at Dallas.
NEW YORK GIANTS (5-6, 2-3 NFC EAST)
Week 12: L, 20-14 @ Redskins
Streak: Lost 2
Next: vs. Jets
• The Giants lost another starting offensive lineman on Sunday when guard Geoff Schwartz went down with a fracture in his leg. On Monday, coach Tom Coughlin said, "It's not good. He has a fracture above the plate on his leg (which was inserted after he fractured his ankle in Jacksonville a year ago). So I'm sure that he'll have to be put in I.R." The Giants were already playing without center Weston Richburg (ankle) and left guard Justin Pugh (concussion), but Coughlin is "hoping" to have at least one of them back this week. Their lineup to end the game included left tackle Ereck Flowers (rookie), left guard John Jerry, center Dallas Reynolds, right guard Bobby Hart (rookie), and right tackle Marshall Newhouse.
• The Giants' five-game winning streak against the Redskins came to an end on Sunday. They last lost to Washington by one point on Dec. 3, 2012.
• Big Blue's remaining games: vs. NY Jets (6-5), at Miami (4-7), vs. Carolina (11-0), at Vikings (8-3), vs. Eagles (4-7).
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (4-7, 2-2 NFC EAST)**
Week 12: L, 45-14 @ Lions (Thurs.)
Streak: Lost 3
Next: @ Patriots
• The Eagles allowed 45 points in back-to-back games and lost by at least 28 points in consecutive games for the first time since 1971.
• Philadelphia placed cornerback Nolan Carroll on injured reserve after he suffered a broken ankle in the Thanksgiving Day game. Pro Bowl left tackle left tackle Jason Peters left in the first quarter with a sprained ankle. On Monday, the Eagles acquired center/guard Barrett Jones off the Bears' practice squad. Jones, a three-time national champion at Alabama, was originally a fourth-round draft pick by St. Louis in 2013.
• Philadelphia's remaining games: at New England (10-1), vs. Buffalo (5-6), vs. Arizona (9-2), vs. Washington (5-6), at NY Giants (5-6).
DALLAS COWBOYS (3-8, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 12: L, 33-14 vs. Panthers (Thurs.)
Streak: Lost 1
Next: @ Redskins (Mon. night)
• In his second game back after missing Weeks 3-10, Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo suffered another fractured collarbone in the Thanksgiving Day loss to the undefeated Panthers and will miss the rest of the season.
• Backup quarterback Matt Cassel is 0-4 as a starter this season while filling in for Romo. He is completing 63.0 percent of his passes with five touchdowns and five interceptions.
• Dallas' remaining schedule: at Washington (5-6), at Green Bay (7-4), vs. NY Jets (6-5), at Buffalo (5-6), vs. Washington.