They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news and happenings around the NFC East:
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (3-3, 1-2 NFC EAST)
Week 6: W, 27-7 vs. Giants
Streak: Won 2
Next: @ Panthers (Sun. night)
• Former Cowboy and 2014 rushing champion DeMarco Murray turned in his first 100-yard performance in an Eagles uniform. Murray, who began last season with eight such games, rushed 22 times for 109 yards and a touchdown against the Giants. After rushing 29 times for 47 yards in his first three games in Philadelphia, he has carried the ball 42 times for 192 yards in his last two.
>> WHERE DO GIANTS STAND IN LATEST POWER RANKINGS?
• The Eagles inducted former running back Brian Westbrook and linebacker Maxie Baughan into the franchise's Hall of Fame during a halftime ceremony.
• Wide receiver Nelson Agholor (leg) and linebackers Kiko Alonso (knee) and Mychal Kendricks (hamstring) were among the Eagles' inactives.
NEW YORK GIANTS (3-3, 1-2 NFC EAST)
Week 6: L, 27-7 @ Eagles
Streak: Lost 1
Next: vs. Cowboys
• After starting 0-2, the Giants entered Monday night with sole possession of first place in the NFC East but saw their three-game winning streak come to an end. They fell to 3-12 against the Eagles in their last 15 meetings.
• The Giants set season highs in both takeaways (four) and turnovers (three).
• Linebacker Jonathan Casillas suffered a neck injury late in the game and did not return. Linebacker Devon Kennard (hamstring), wide receiver Victor Cruz (calf), defensive end Robert Ayers Jr. (hamstring), and cornerbacks Prince Amukamara (pectoral) and Trumaine McBride (illness/groin) did not play.
DALLAS COWBOYS (2-3, 2-0 NFC EAST)
Week 6: BYE
Streak: Lost 3
Next: @ Giants
• Over the bye week, the Cowboys made the decision to replace Brandon Weeden with Matt Cassel as the team's starting quarterback while Tony Romo remains out with a broken collarbone.
"We decided to do this and spoke to both of the players," coach Jason Garrett said. "There are a lot of different reasons you make a decision like this. You evaluate the quarterback and what we're asking them to do on a daily basis and weekly basis. Also at this position, you look at how the offense is performing and this position has an impact on the entire offensive unit. It certainly has an impact on how the team is performing. Sometimes it's fair and sometimes it's unfair, but it's the nature of the position."
• Meanwhile, the Cowboys will await the status of All-Pro wide receiver Dez Bryant, who broke his foot in Week 1 against the Giants and had to undergo surgery.
"It totally depends on how he's doing," owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday morning. "He had a good end of the week last week, got in some really good work, didn't have much negative response from that work. It was strenuous work – the kind that, if he can step out here and have a couple of really good days of practice, you could see him on go."
• Defensive linemen Greg Hardy, DeMarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Tyrone Crawford and Jeremy Mincey are all expected to play together on Sunday for the first time this year, according to DallasCowboys.com.
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (2-4, 1-1 NFC EAST)
Week 6: L, 34-20 @ Jets
Streak: Lost 2
Next: vs. Buccaneers
• Kirk Cousins finished 25 of 43 for 196 yards and a touchdown. He also threw two interceptions for the fourth time this season.
• Including 17 unanswered points allowed on Sunday, the Redskins have been outscored 46-3 in the third quarter this season.
• Safety Trenton Robinson left on Sunday with a sprained ankle and thumb.
Photos from Monday night's matchup against Philadelphia Eagles