They say keep your friends close, but your divisional rivals closer.
With that in mind, each week Giants.com takes a look at the latest news and happenings around the NFC East:
NEW YORK GIANTS (5-4, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 10: W, 32-18 @ Buccaneers
Streak: Won 1
Next: vs. Patriots
• In his first game back, defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul played 46 of 63 defensive snaps (73 percent) and recorded two solo tackles. The two-time Pro Bowler also had a pair of quarterback hits on No. 1 overall draft pick Jameis Winston.
However, Pierre-Paul's return also marked the end of defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins' season. The former second-round pick out of Ohio State suffered a pectoral injury while forcing a fumble in the first half of the Buccaneers game.
Coach Tom Coughlin announced Monday that he will be placed on season-ending injured reserve.
• Eli Manning broke Phil Simms' franchise record with his 96th regular-season victory as the starting quarterback.
Meanwhile, second-year wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. notched his 11th 100-yard game in 21 career outings. He also had nine receptions on Sunday to bring his career total to 150. That broke Anquan Boldin's NFL record for fewest games (25) needed to reach 150 catches.
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (4-4, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 10: W, 33-27 (OT) @ Cowboys
Streak: Won 1
Next: vs. Dolphins
• After Dallas tied the game with a field goal near the end of regulation, Philadelphia quarterback Sam Bradford (25 of 36 for 295 yards and a touchdown) threw a 41-yard touchdown to Jordan Matthews to win the game in overtime.
• All-Pro left tackle Jason Peters was downgraded to out before the Sunday night game against the Cowboys due to a back injury. Additionally, the Eagles on Monday placed linebacker Jordan Hicks (pectoral) on injured reserve after he had a 67-yard interception return for a touchdown vs. Dallas.
WASHINGTON REDSKINS (3-5, 1-1 NFC EAST)
Week 10: L, 27-10 @ Patriots
Streak: Lost 1
Next: vs. Saints
• Wide receiver DeSean Jackson returned to the field for the first time since injuring his hamstring in the season opener. He was targeted six times but caught just three passes 15 yards. Quarterback Kirk Cousins threw his 10th touchdown as well as his ninth interception of the season.
• With New England's Tom Brady throwing for 299 yards, two touchdowns, and an interception, Washington remained one of three NFL teams that have not allowed a 300-yard passer this season. Denver and Minnesota are the others.
DALLAS COWBOYS (2-6, 2-2 NFC EAST)
Week 10: L, 33-27 (OT) vs. Eagles
Streak: Lost 6
Next: @ Buccaneers
• The Cowboys lost their sixth-straight game playing without Pro Bowl quarterback Tony Romo, who will miss at least one more game with a broken collarbone as he remains on the injured reserve/designated to return list. Matt Cassel, who took over for initial backup Brandon Weeden three weeks ago, threw for 299 yards and three touchdowns against Philadelphia. But his one mistake was the pick-six to Hicks that gave Philadelphia a 21-14 lead early in the fourth quarter.
• Dallas took a few hits to its linebacker corps when Sean Lee (concussion) and Anthony Hitchens (ankle) both had to leave the game with injuries in the second half.