With The 171st pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the New York Giants selected Auburn wide receiver Darius Slayton. Here are five things to know about the new Giant:
1. Slayton played in 39 games over three years at Auburn and recorded 79 receptions for 1,605 yards and 11 touchdowns. He averaged 20.3 yards per catch in his career.
2. He averaged 19.1 yards per catch in 2018, finishing his career 11th on Auburn's all-time receiving yards list.
3. NFL.com scouting report: Has the traits/ability to work on all three levels. Able to get away from press without delays. Big accelerator off the line of scrimmage. Runs with gliding strides. Electric deep ball speed to stretch the field. Posted six touchdowns of 50-plus yards since 2017. Eyes find football quickly for back-shoulder adjustments. Finds an extra few inches of catch-radius for high throws. Quick to get upfield after catch. Make-you-miss runner with above average YAC potential. Uses hands effectively to create distance from cornerbacks.
4. Measurables: Height – 6-1; Weight – 190 lbs.; Arms – 32 3/4"; Hands – 10"; 40-yard dash – 4.39 sec.; Bench press – 11 reps; Vertical jump – 40.5"; Broad jump – 135"; 3-cone drill – 7 sec.; 20-yard shuttle – 4.15 sec.
5. In his final game, he had three receptions, all for touchdowns, of 74, 52 and 34 yards in the Music City Bowl vs. Purdue. He set Auburn bowl records for receiving yards (160), touchdowns (three), and longest TD catch (74).