The Giants hosted their second consecutive day with an OTA. The weather was ideal with temperatures barely touching 70 degrees and the sun shining.
* Fundamental work continues during the individual group sessions to start practice. The wide receivers were working with position coach Mike Groh on running different routes based on leverage.
* The focus in the pass game today seemed to be quick throws to all areas of the field. The quarterbacks were getting the ball out of their hands quickly with only a handful of passes heading down the field.
* The only competitive drills between the offense and defense were 7-on-7s for the second consecutive day. Parris Campbell was a frequent target of Daniel Jones, coming across the field and catching the ball on the move. He did catch a deep one that went for a big gain. He was also open on the sideline after running by the defender. Campbell is built like a running back and was great at gaining yards after the catch as Ohio State. If early practice is any indication, the Giants are going to try to take advantage of those skills this season.
* David Sills caught two deep passes from Tyrod Taylor over his outside shoulder. His second went for a touchdown towards the end of practice.
* Two Giants rookies showed some savvy on scramble drills. The initial set of routes did not give the quarterback an option to complete the pass, but both players found space to get open. Jalin Hyatt took off down the field and could have scored a touchdown. Eric Gray came back towards the quarterback after running a route down the field, and came down with the ball after trying to drag his feet near the sideline.
* Free agent wide receiver Jeff Smith ran an excellent route towards the end of practice, turning the cornerback around and catching the ball near the sideline.
* Giants defenders did a good job of preventing some catches throughout practice. Bobby Okereke got in the passing lane on a shallow crossing route and knocked it way. Amani Oruwariye knocked a pass away, and cornerback Cor'Dale Flott had a pass break-up towards the end of practice. Darnay Holmes also got his hands on a couple of passes.
View photos of OTA practice No. 2 at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.