The Giants had their second straight day with an OTA before holding their final sessions on Thursday and Friday. After morning rain, the sun came out, dried the fields, and set the stage for another beautiful day with temperatures in the 70s.
* Before and in between the competitive 7-on-7 periods, the Giants continued to work on fundamentals. No contact is allowed, but the linemen can still work on their eyes and technique to make sure they are working together and heading in the right direction.
* Every day the quarterbacks work with their coaches and the running backs to perfect their execution of the various play-fakes, RPOs and read-options that the Giants have in their offense.
* Coaches make sure each practice features a walk-through period where the team can work on run plays. It is about the mental part of the game and the players all moving in the right direction with the right timing.
* The defense got their hands on the ball often during practice today. Gervarrius Owens has flashed coverage skills throughout the month and knocked away another pass. Cor'Dale Flott and Tre Hawkins III also had pass break-ups. Deonte Banks showed off his speed tracking down and knocking away a deep ball sailing over the top.
* Xavier McKinney not only knocked away a pass late in practice, he also picked an early pass. Amani Oruwariye had an interception of his own that could have been returned for a touchdown.
* The offense had their moments in practice, too. Lawrence Cager and David Sills had touchdowns along with Jaydon Mickens during the initial 7-on-7 periods. In the later competitive period, Daniel Jones hit Darius Slayton. To close practice, Jalin Hyatt tip-toed on the back line and caught for a touchdown.
Must-see photos from Tuesday's OTA practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.