Can't wait to see Saquon Barkley suit up for the Giants?
Fans eager to see the No. 2 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft in action don't have to wait until September 9, the date of the Giants' Week 1 matchup against the Jacksonville Jaguars. That's because the video game version of Barkley is just around the corner. EA Sports' Madden NFL 19 hits shelves nationwide on August 10, a month shy of Big Blue's season opener.
Becoming playable in Madden is always a fun rite of passage for the newest crop of NFL rookies. Ask any first-year player, and they'll always argue why their rating should be higher. So what is Barkley's Madden NFL 19 rating? We now have the answer.
Barkley received an 82 overall rating, the highest among all NFL rookie running backs, and the second highest grade in the entire 2018 rookie class.
Here is the write-up from EA Sports on Barkley's rating:
"A legit draft stud, Barkley is a quality runner that immediately adds another level of offensive depth to a team that sorely needed it. Coming into the NFL with an 82 OVR, a solid score for a rookie, his base ratings make him an excellent runner for players with adequate stick skills. Barkley sports a 92 Speed, and a 93 Acceleration. His ball carrying moves include an 83 Trucking, 83 Stiff Arm, 86 Spin, and a 91 Juke. He's a pure rusher with his less than stellar Route Running scores, but he can quickly become a community favorite for players looking for a well-balanced rusher."
So to recap:
Overall Rating: 82
Stiff Arm: 83
Here are the top five rookies in Madden NFL 19:
1. G Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts – 83 overall
2. RB Saquon Barkley, New York Giants – 82 overall
3. QB Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns – 81 overall
4. LB Roquan Smith, Chicago Bears – 81 overall
5. DE Bradley Chubb, Denver Broncos – 80 overall
Finally, here is how Barkley stacks up against the rest of the premier running backs in this year's rookie class:
1. Saquon Barkley, New York Giants – 82 overall
2. Derrius Guice, Washington Redskins – 78 overall
3. Ronald Jones II, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 77 overall
4. Sony Michel, New England Patriots – 77 overall
5. Nick Chubb, Cleveland Browns – 76 overall
Look out for our annual feature during training camp on Giants.com as Giants' players react to their Madden NFL 19 ratings!