The Giant had their final preseason work Thursday in preparation for the regular season. It was less of a scrimmage and more of a practice on the stadium field, with a focus on situations and getting the logistics of game day ironed out for the coaches and the players.
* This date was supposed to be the preseason finale between the Patriots and Giants at Metlife Stadium. Similar to most fourth preseason games, the work focused on getting a lot of work for the second- and third-string players to give the front office and coaches one last look at the back end of the roster to settle the final 53 over the weekend.
* The Giants worked on their pregame warm-up routine so players know where to be and where to go prior to a game. Coach Judge also purposely scheduled the scrimmage at 1 p.m. to simulate a common start time in the regular season.
* We saw pressure and sacks generated from different players throughout the day. DeVante Downs, Lorenzo Carter and Kyler Fackrell got into the backfield to either pressure or sack the quarterback during the scrimmage. Cam Brown also showed some juice in his pass rush. Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence were dominant in the run game.
* Corey Coleman had another strong scrimmage, catching passes all over the field and consistently generating separation from defensive backs.
View the best photos from the final day of training camp.
* The team had four "move the ball" sessions during practice. Colt McCoy was forced to start his drive inside his own 1-yard line. He got the team out of the shadow of their own end zone, and then got the ball down the field on a deep pass to Corey Coleman. McCoy converted a fourth-down pass to Wayne Gallman to keep the drive alive. Two plays later, McCoy hit Coleman on a pass to convert a 3rd-and-long. McCoy capped the drive with a deep pass to C.J. Board, who made a great adjustment to the ball in the air that was thrown just behind him.
* Cooper Rush did well on his first drive, moving the ball 40 yards on passes to Austin Mack and Binjimen Victor. Graham Gano kicked a field goal to end that drive. Rush's second drive was stopped short by the defense after an offensivepass interference penalty.
* The final drive of the scrimmage featured Alex Tanney. Pressures and sacks by Kyler Fackrell and Niko Lalos stopped his first attempt short, but the offense was allowed to reload the drive. A completion to Coleman moved the ball over midfield. The big play on the drive was a bizarre pass to the right side of the field that was knocked about 15 yards in the air. Derrick Dillon went up and plucked the ball out of the air for the completion. Three plays later, Tanney avoided pressure in the pocket and scrambled to find Alex Bachman for a touchdown.