Today was the next-to-last padded practice before the Giants participate in their final scrimmage of the preseason Thursday at MetLife Stadium.
* The early part of practice was very run heavy, with the offense and defense working with each other, characterized by physical play at the line of scrimmage.
* Wide receiver-defensive back 1-on-1s were fun to watch early in practice. Golden Tate is great with his release near the line of scrimmage to create quick separation.
* Corner Brandon Williams had a great rep during 1-on-1s, staying so tight to the receiver that Daniel Jones decided not to unload the pass. You don't see that often in this drill. Darnay Holmes had tight coverage on another rep, knocking away a pass over the middle.
* Jones continued to show his proficiency, hitting David Sills perfectly down the sideline. Jones also showed off the deep ball, hitting Austin Mack.
* Both Dexter Lawrence and Dalvin Tomlinson batted down short passes at the line of scrimmage. Jabrill Peppers knocked away a short pass to the sideline in the red zone, jumping in the air to force an incompletion.
* There shouldn't be any more doubt that Corey Coleman is recovered from last season's knee injury. He consistently gets separation all over the field. He has been a difficult cover for every defensive back that draws the assignment.
* During a tackling drill to practice taking the right angles, both Joe Judge and Jason Garrett were very vocal with ball carriers about carrying the football high and tight to prevent strips.
View photos from Monday's training camp practice as the Giants get ready for the season opener.
* Kyler Fackrell got into the backfield a couple of times for sacks during the team portion of practice.
* C.J. Board almost caught a deep pass, but Chris Williamson and Sean Chandler converged from either side of him to knock the ball away.
* Jones completed a deep pass to Darius Slayton, putting the ball over his outside shoulder. Slayton did well to adjust and angle his body to secure the catch. Jones later hit Saquon Barkley, who was wide open deep for what would have been an easy touchdown.
* Dravon Askew-Henry made a nice play on the ball, reaching around the receiver to knock it away.
* There was excellent coverage from Corey Ballentine during the team drills. He undercut a route and got both hands on the ball to knock it away.
* Leonard Williams got into the backfield on a run, waiting on the backside of the play to make a perfect solo tackle.
*James Bradberry knocked the ball out of a receiver's hands on the sideline, preventing a catch on a quick, short pass.
* Practice ended with a couple of "move the ball" periods. The first team defense got off the field after the Fackrell sack, and Julian Love made a stop on third-and-long. Colt McCoy tossed a touchdown on his drive on a completion to Eric Tomlinson near the back of the end zone.
* The practice wrapped up with a no-huddle portion, with the offense starting inside their own 30-yard line. They had three timeouts and 1:48 to kick the winning field goal. Jones led them on a methodical drive to set up Graham Gano's perfect kick from about 40 yards away. Gano made five of his six field goal attempts to end practice.