Day 2 of practice at Giants training camp 2021 is in the books. Players were still in shorts, jerseys and helmets with no pads nor contact.
Here are today's observations:
* The Giants focused on high-red zone work in their second practice, which means they were practicing the plays they usually call a bit inside the 20.
* For the second straight day, the secondary was very active getting their hands on the football. Darnay Holmes grabbed an interception early during the slower tempo period. He got his hand out in front of the receiver on a slant to prevent a completion near the end zone.
* Kenny Golladay made a great catch. He had to turn his entire body while his momentum took him in the opposite direction. He didn't cradle the ball with his body, and only used his hands to pluck the ball out of the air.
* Jabrill Peppers was active again getting his hand on the football multiple times during practice. On one play, he was a split-second slow reacting to a pass in the flat and just missed the opportunity to create a Pick-6 opportunity (and was verbal with his disappointment in missing out on the chance).
* Daniel Jones was efficient in his 7-on-7 reps during high-red zone work. His only incompletion on six passes came via a drop. Jones also showed mobility avoiding the rush and rolling out during one team period.
* Cornerback Chris Milton made a nice play as he elevated and knocked the ball away. Milton had tight coverage during another red zone drill later in practice.
* Evan Engram caught a few short passes during team drills. Running back Devontae Booker also caught a number of short passes. Corey Clement also caught a few passes from Mike Glennon during different sessions.
* Xavier McKinney played blanket coverage on a tight end near the end zone and prevented a completion. He had a chance at an interception later in practice when he knocked down a pass. Carter Coughlin had a chance for an interception, but he couldn't coral the ball on a quick pass over the middle.
* Austin Mack caught a touchdown down the right sideline on a nice touch pass from Thorson, which landed on target. John Ross III caught a pair of short passes.
*After practice, Daniel Jones threw some extra passes to David Sills V, Kenny Golladay and Dante Pettis.
View must-see photos of the Giants on the practice field from Day 2 of training camp on Thursday.