|2022||New York Giants||16||46||724||15.7||55||2||30||65.2||12||3|
|2021||New York Giants||13||26||339||13||42||2||14||53.8||4||1|
|2020||New York Giants||16||50||751||15||41||3||40||80||10||2|
|2019||New York Giants||14||48||740||15.4||55||8||32||66.7||12||3|
|2022||New York Giants||16|
|2021||New York Giants||13||1||-13||-13||-13||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2020||New York Giants||16||2||-1||-0.5||2||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2019||New York Giants||14|
|2022||New York Giants||16|
|2021||New York Giants||13|
|2020||New York Giants||16|
|2019||New York Giants||14||9||189||21||30||0||5||0||0||0|
|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
|2022||New York Giants||16||2||1||0||1|
|2021||New York Giants||13||1||1||0|
|2020||New York Giants||16||1||1||0|
|2019||New York Giants||14||0|
|2022||New York Giants||16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|2021||New York Giants||13||3||3||0||0||0||0|
|2020||New York Giants||16||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2019||New York Giants||14||2||2||0||0||0||0|
Originally a 5th-round (171st pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2019.
- Originally a 5th-round (171st pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2019.
- In 3 seasons, Slayton has played in 43 games with 29 starts and has 124 receptions for 1,830 yards (14.8-yard avg.) and 13 touchdowns with a long catch of 55 yards…He also has 9 kickoff returns for a 21.0-yard average and 3 rushing attempts for minus-14 yards.
- In 2021, Slayton played in 13 games with 5 starts…Inactive at New Orleans (10/3), at Dallas (10/10) and vs. the Rams (10/17) with a hamstring injury…Did not play at Chicago (1/2), because he was on the reserve/COVID-19 list…Totaled 26 receptions for 339 yards and 2 touchdowns…Also added one carry for minus-13 yards.
- Posted 3 receptions for 65 yards vs. Denver (9/12)…Caught 3 passes for 54 yards and a 33-yard touchdown pass from Daniel Jones to give the Giants a 20-14 with 4:48 remaining in the 3rd quarter…Returned from injury and caught 5 receptions for 63 yards vs. Carolina (10/24)…Tallied 4 receptions for 37 yards at Tampa Bay (11/22) and 3 catches for 40 yards vs. Philadelphia (11/28)…Caught 2 passes in each game at Miami (12/5) and vs. Dallas (12/19)…Posted 2 receptions for 29 yards and a 22-yard touchdown from quarterback Jake Fromm vs. Washington (1/9).
- In 2020, Slayton played in all 16 games with 15 starts and led the Giants with 751 receiving yards and a 15.0-yard per-catch average…Tied Sterling Shepard for the team lead with 3 touchdown receptions and was 3rd on the team and 2nd among wide receivers with 50 catches…Led the Giants with 5 receptions of 30 or more yards and 40 of his 50 catches produced first downs, an 80% rate that was the NFL's 3rd highest.
- Began the year with 6 catches for 102 yards, including a season-high 2 touchdowns on receptions of 41 and 7 yards, vs. Pittsburgh (9/14)…Scored the Giants' first touchdown of the season when he caught Daniel Jones' pass to give the Giants a 10-3 lead…Also scored with 1:52 remaining.
- Slayton finished with team highs of 8 catches and 129 yards, both the 2nd-highest totals of his career, at Dallas (10/11)…He had 10 receptions vs. the Jets on Nov. 10, 2019 and 154 yards at Philadelphia on Dec. 9, 2019…The 100-yard game was Slayton's 2nd of the season and 4th of his career…Slayton's 129-yard performance was tied by tight end Evan Engram at Cincinnati for the Giants' highest total of the season.
- Caught 2 passes for 41 yards and scored his 3rd touchdown of the season on a 23-yard reception in the Giants' first victory of the season vs. Washington (10/18).
- Picked up a first down on all 5 of his receptions (for 56 yards) vs. Tampa Bay (11/2).
- Had 5 receptions for 93 yards, including a game-long 40-yarder, vs. Philadelphia (11/15).
- As a rookie in 2019, Slayton played in 14 games with 9 starts…Inactive for the season's first 2 games with a hamstring injury…Had one of the finest seasons by a rookie wide receiver in Giants history…Led the team with 740 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns and was 4th with 48 catches…The 8 touchdown receptions tied him with Tennessee's A.J. Brown for the highest total among NFL rookies…Slayton's yardage total was the 5th-highest among rookie receivers and his 48 receptions ranked 8th…Averaged 21.0 yards on 9 kickoff returns with a long runback of 30 yards.
- Slayton was the first rookie drafted in the 5th round or later to have 8 or more touchdowns since New Orleans' Marcus Colston in 2006.
- He was the first rookie since 2014 (Odell Beckham, Jr. and Mike Evans) with 3 or more games (3) with 2 or more touchdown catches and the first NFL rookie with multiple 100-yard, 2-touchdown games since 2014, when Beckham, (3), Allen Hurns (2) and Evans (2) each accomplished the feat.
- Slayton scored 2 touchdowns in each of 3 games: at Detroit (10/27), at the Jets (10/11) and at Philadelphia (12/9), the highest total by a Giants rookie since Beckham had 4 games with at least 2 touchdown catches in 2014.
- Slayton is among the top 6 rookies in Giants history in receptions, yards and touchdown catches:
Most Receptions/ Giants Rookie
Odell Beckham, Jr. 2014 91
Saquon Barkley** 2018 91
Jeremy Shockey* 2002 74
Sterling Shepard 2016 65
Evan Engram* 2017 64
Bobby Johnson 1984 48
Darius Slayton 2019 48
Most Receiving Yards/ Giants Rookie
Odell Beckham, Jr. 2014 1,305
Jeremy Shockey* 2002 894
Bobby Johnson 1984 795
Hakeem Nicks 2009 790
Darius Slayton 2019 740
Most Touchdown Receptions/Giants Rookie
Odell Beckham, Jr. 2014 12
Bill Swiacki 1948 10
Ken MacAfee 1954 8
Sterling Shepard 2016 8
Darius Slayton 2019 8
MOST RECEIVING YARDS GIANTS ROOKIE / GAME
Date Player Opponent Yards
12/28/2014 Odell Beckham, Jr. Philadelphia 185
10/13/1985 Mark Bavaro* Cincinnati 176
10/14/1979 Earnest Gray San Francisco 169
11/03/2014 Odell Beckham, Jr. Indianapolis 156
12/9/19 Darius Slayton Philadelphia 154
- Slayton had 3 receptions for 82 yards, including a 46-yarder, in his debut at Tampa Bay (9/22)…Scored his first career touchdown on a 35-yard pass from Daniel Jones in the 2nd quarter vs. Minnesota (10/6), part of a 4-catch, 62-yard performance…Had 2 receptions at Detroit and scored touchdowns on each of them, 22 and 28-yarders, for his first 2-score game.
- Slayton had a season-high 10 catches, for 121 yards (his first career 100-yard game), including touchdowns of 5 and 39 yards, at the Jets.
- Finished with 5 catches for a career-high 154 yards and 2 touchdowns in a Monday night game at Philadelphia. The scores were on 35 and 55-yard receptions, the latter Slayton's longest catch of the season…His yardage total was the highest by a Giants receiver since Oct. 22, 2018, when Sterling Shepard gained 167 yards on 5 catches. The 154 yards was the highest total by a Giants rookie since Beckham had 185 receiving yards vs. Philadelphia on Dec. 28, 2014…Slayton gained all 154 yards in the first half to become the first Giants player with more than 150 receiving yards in a half since Plaxico Burress had 179 yards in the first 2 quarters of a 44-24 victory vs. the Rams on Oct. 2, 2005.
- Slayton's final touchdown of the season vs. Miami (12/15) was a significant milestone in Giants history. With 11:53 remaining in the 3rd quarter, his 5-yard score gave the Giants a 14-10 lead they never relinquished in a game they won, 36-20. More significantly, it was the 366th and final touchdown pass of Eli Manning's 16-year career.
- In 3 seasons at Auburn, Slayton played in 38 games and caught 79 passes for 1,605 yards (20.3-yard avg.), and 11 touchdowns, with a long catch of 74 yards…His 1,605 receiving yards rank him 11th among Auburn career leaders…In 2018, played in 12 games and finished with career-high totals of 35 receptions for 670 yards (19.1-yard avg.) and 5 touchdowns…Caught 3 passes, for touchdowns of 74, 52, and 34 yards, in the Music City Bowl vs. Purdue…Set Auburn bowl records for receiving yards (160), touchdowns (3), and longest touchdown catch (74)…In 2017, played in 13 games and totaled 29 receptions for 643 yards (career-high 22.2-yard avg.) and 5 scores…Tallied 4 receptions for 146 yards, including a 62-yard touchdown, at Arkansas…In 2016, played in 13 games with 11 starts in his first season of collegiate action…Finished with 15 receptions for 292 yards (19.5-yard avg.) and 1 touchdown…Earned his first start vs. Clemson…Scored his first career touchdown on a 21-yard reception vs. Vanderbilt…Redshirted in 2015.
- Teamed up with the NYPD-led Far Rockaway Giants throughout the 2021 season to improve police-community relations and education through flag football in Far Rockaway, Queens…Surprised 5 deserving families in Far Rockaway with a holiday giveaway to provide household items, clothing and gifts…Supports the Dementia Society of America which strives to enhance the quality of life for those living with Dementia, caregivers, and the community.
- Studied in the College of Business…First-team Class 2A all‐state selection at Greater Atlanta Christian School in Norcross, Ga…All‐region player at wide receiver and defensive back ...Selected to the U.S. Army All‐American Bowl...State sprint champion at 100 and 200 meters…Son of Pamela Slayton and Eddie Slayton...Has a sister, Maileka...Cousin, Darrell Crawford, played linebacker at Auburn.