Between all of the moves made by the front office, it is safe to say the Giants did a fair share of roster shuffling this week.
Two of the more intriguing roster moves made by the Giants were the trades for offensive linemen Billy Price (from Cincinnati) and Ben Bredeson (from Baltimore).
Here are five things to know about two of the newest members of Big Blue.
OL Billy Price
1. Billy Price is entering his fourth season in the NFL after spending the last three years with the Cincinnati Bengals. The Bengals selected Price with the 21st overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft, a pick they acquired from the Buffalo Bills in a trade for offensive tackle Cordy Glenn.
2. The 6-foot-4, 310-pound lineman has played in 42 games with 19 starts over his first three seasons, with 11 starts coming at center, seven at left guard and one at right guard.
3. Price played in 32 games between the 2019-2020 seasons, starting eight games two years ago and one game last season. His best campaign came as a rookie in 2018 when he started all 10 games in which he played in at center. Price was selected to the All-Rookie team by Professional Football Writers of America after helping Bengals running back Joe Mixon rush for an AFC-best 1,168 yards.
4. Price had quite the successful collegiate career at Ohio State. After redshirting his freshman year, he would go on to start 55 games over the next four seasons, setting school records for both starts and consecutive starts. Price racked up numerous awards and accolades while with the Buckeyes, including Third-Team All-Big Ten (2015), First-Team All-Big Ten (2016, 2017), Second-Team All-American (2016), Unanimous All-American (2017), the Rimington Trophy (2017) which is awarded to the country's top center, and the Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year (2017).
5. The Giants' new offensive lineman was born and raised in Austintown, Ohio, where he attended Fitch High School. At Fitch, Price actually played on the defensive line, where he earned First-Team All-State honors and was named Division I Co-Defensive Player of the Year as a senior. While in high school, Price also competed in the discus and shotput on Fitch's track and field team
View photos of new Giants offensive lineman Billy Price.
OL Ben Bredeson
1. Bredeson is entering his second season in the NFL after spending last year with the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens originally drafted Bredeson in the fourth round (No. 143 overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft.
2. Bredeson played in 10 games in his rookie campaign, primarily on special teams. He also appeared as an extra lineman in some offensive packages.
3. The 6-foot-4, 315-pound lineman played in 51 games with 46 starts at left guard while at Michigan. He was voted a team captain by his teammates in each of his final two seasons.
4. Bredeson put together some strong campaigns while playing for the Wolverines. Following his sophomore and junior seasons, he was named Second-Team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and media. His best performance came during his senior season, when he earned both First-Team All-Big Ten and Second-Team All-American honors.
5. Growing up in Hartland, Wisconsin, Bredeson began playing football in 7th grade. He made the Hartland Arrowhead High School varsity team as a freshman, and two years later was named First-Team All-State following a strong junior season. After his season year, Bredeson once again was named First-Team All-State, along with First-Team All-American by both MaxPreps and USA Today. At the end of the season, he was named the recipient of the Joe Thomas Award, given to the top offensive lineman in the state of Wisconsin, and was named the Gatorade High School Player of the Year in Wisconsin.
View photos of new Giants offensive lineman Ben Bredeson.
Giants Life: The Next Step | Episode 3 - 'Welcome Back'
In Episode 3, presented by Oakley, the Giants welcome back the team for training camp.
The episode culminates at Giants Fan Fest, where the home crowd got an in-person look at Big Blue for the first time in the Joe Judge era.
Check out the video below to view Episode 3 of 'Giants Life: The Next Step'