The Giants were back on the practice field for the third consecutive day in preparation for their third and final preseason game against the Jets on Saturday at MetLife Stadium. The weather was glorious in the high 70s with sunny skies. The Giants were back in shells and shorts.
* Practice started with end zone 1-on-1's between the wide receivers and defensive backs. On the first play, Deonte Banks stayed attached to Isaiah Hodgins and reached around him to knock away the ball. Daniel Jones then completed four straight passes for touchdowns. He hit Sterling Shepard on a perfectly thrown toss toward the back corner of the end zone before connecting with Bryce Ford-Wheaton for a touchdown. He then hit Jalin Hyatt for a score before and finding Jamison Crowder for a touchdown. In a different series, Adoree Jackson had a slick pass break-up in the middle of the field to prevent a touchdown.
* The ball was then moved up to the 5-yard line. Cornerback Gemon Green, who was active throughout practice, picked off a ball after it hit off the receiver. It looked like he got his feet in before going out of bounds. Xavier McKinney knocked away a ball. Jones then completed three straight passes for touchdowns. Shepard won his route on a double-move. Ford-Wheaton and Hodgins added touchdowns. Jaydon Mickens caught a touchdown from Jones before Gemon Green broke up his third pass of the first period.
* The first team drill of practice was focused on run and play-action plays. With Darren Waller getting a rest day, Jones hit Lawrence Cager on a pass that would have gone for 20+ yards. A couple of plays later, Taylor hit Darius Slayton for a big gain down the sideline on a play-action pass.
* The offensive and defensive lines were not wearing pads, but Saquon Barkley bolted through the line several times throughout practice for what might have become big gains into and through the secondary.
* Like yesterday, the second and third teams worked a carded practice, with one side of the ball demonstrating plays the Jets will likely be running on Saturday. Darnay Holmes, Alex Cook and Darren Evans forced incompletions during the period, with Holmes having another later in practice that was almost an interception. Brandin Bryant had what looked like it could have been a tackle for loss on a run play.
* In the next team period, Daniel Jones hit Jalin Hyatt before Leonard Williams' pressure got home. Oshane Ximines got in the backfield on a play that would have likely been a sack if the play was live.
* Graham Gano made all seven field goal attempts, including one from 53 yards that hit the crossbar and spun over.
* In the final competitive "move the ball" period, Jones hit Slayton with a perfect pass on a deep ball down the sideline for a touchdown.
* At the end of practice, Brian Daboll allowed one more 1-on-1 rep between David Sills and Gemon Green after they had a controversial play that wound up an interception but might have been out of bounds. Green did a great job at the snap cutting off Sills' first move; then the receiver caught a perfect over-the-shoulder pass for the touchdown.
View the best photos of all the action at the Giants' 2023 training camp.