The Giants got in their practice Friday morning underneath gray skies, but it stayed dry for the team's second padded practice of training camp. Temperatures were in the 70's with a breeze throughout the morning.
* The Giants ran offensive-defensive line 1-on-1's to start the competitive portion of practice. Andrew Thomas continues to be stalwart at left tackle, winning his reps no matter who he is lining up against.
* Right tackle Evan Neal left practice with a concussion and is in the protocol.
* Ben Bredeson was solid once again whether he was at guard or center.
* Shane Lemieux got a lot of snaps as the second-team center throughout the morning.
* Matt Peart had a good pass blocking rep in 1-on-1's, staying in front of and anchoring down. Korey Cunningham had a couple of strong reps, including inside at guard.
* While the big men were battling one another, the quarterbacks and pass catchers worked against the defense and then running 7-on-7's. Cor'Dale Flott had a pass break-up.
View photos from Friday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
* Daniel Jones completed a few notable passes, including two to Darren Waller and Isaiah Hodgins over the middle. Cole Beasley won on another double-move and ran away from the defender. Collin Johnson won on a double-move for a big gain on a pass from Tyrod Taylor.
* The team worked on their tight red zone plays in the first 11-on-11 portion of practice. The first team got the ball in the end zone when Daniel Jones found Daniel Bellinger. In the same series, Bobby Okereke filled a hole on a running play to keep Saquon Barkley short of the goal line. Oshane Ximimes got some pressure on a different play, flushing Jones out of the pocket.
The second team got the ball into the end zone twice on passes to David Sills and Collin Johnson. The pass to Johnson was a dart from Taylor at a short distance over the middle. Johnson bobbled it a couple of times but came down with it.
* The team then moved out to the fringe red zone, outside the 20. After deliberately moving the ball closer to the end zone, Jones found Darius Slayton open for a touchdown. Tyrod Taylor found David Sills with the second team for a score after buying some time with his legs.
* Jones found Barkley in the flat for a touchdown after the defense held for three consecutive plays. Jones got another drive and eventually ran the ball in for a score.
* The defense came up with the ball on the next drive, with Cam Brown deflecting a pass into the air and into the arms of fellow linebacker Carter Coughlin, who would have probably had a big return.