The Giants resumed practice on Thursday in shells following a day off; they'll have consecutive padded practices on Friday and Saturday.
* Jalin Hyatt continues to impress in training camp. On what might have been Daniel Jones' best throw of camp, Hyatt caught a deep pass for a touchdown after running past two defenders during 7-on-7 early in practice. Hyatt did not have a ton of separation but Jones put the ball perfectly over Hyatt's inside shoulder for a touchdown. Hyatt did not have to break stride on the play.
In the two-minute offense, Hyatt ran past the defense for a long touchdown catch. He caught the pass in nearly the same spot he did during 7-on-7. Dane Belton might have had a sack on the play as he came free, but Jones quickly reset to launch the ball.
* Daniel Jones got the ball to an open Cole Beasley toward the sideline, but his knee went down before he was able to dive across the goal line for a touchdown.
* The second units ran against each other in a two-minute session on the following drive. Tyrod Taylor got the ball to Collin Johson, which set up Graham Gano's 54-yard field goal.
* In the final competitive period of practice, Kayvon Thibodeaux turned it on against the offense. Thibodeaux sniffed out a pass to force an incompletion. A few plays later, he batted away a pass as Dexter Lawrence bore down on Daniel Jones. Rakeem Nunez-Roches also had pressure on the drive. The best play of the drive might have been Micah McFadden knocking away a potential TD pass.
* Collin Johnson was active for much of practice, coming down with multiple receptions.
* Kalil Pimpleton's quickness and speed were apparent, especially winning on his release at the line.
* Darnay Holmes, Darren Evans, Zyon Gilbert and Deonte Banks each had pass break-ups during 1-on-1's.
View photos from Thursday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.