The Giants were back on the practice field for a day of work in pads on Tuesday morning. Some of the short-yardage and red-zone work was limited to walk-through speed.
* The offensive line and defensive lines did some 1-on-1 reps to work on pass rush and pass protection skills. Azeez Ojulari was the toughest pass rusher to stop, beating both tackles on different reps.
* Josh Ezeudu had a couple of strong reps against the starters. John Michael Schmitz, Mark Glowinski and Ben Bredeson were solid inside, including some difficult reps against Dexter Lawrence, who eventually found his way into the backfield. Korey Cunningham won his two reps at left tackle.
* Jihad Ward showed off his power on one bull rush, getting underneath the guard's pads and driving him back toward the quarterback. Kayvon Thibodeaux used his quickness to win inside against an offensive tackle.
* After the 1-on-1 drills, the first teams on offense and defense faced off against one another working on twists, stunts and other two-man games. The competition went back and forth. Thibodeaux won a powerful rep. Oshane Ximines also got a sack.
* WR's and DB's went 1-on-1 during the same period. Jalin Hyatt caught a deep pass for a touchdown. Darren Waller caught a throw from Daniel Jones, and Jaydon Mickens caught a touchdown over the top.
* During the team portion of practice there was a lot of work in the run game. Saquon Barkley took a ball off-tackle for a monster gain. He got behind Jalin Hyatt, who was blocking for him all the way down the field.
* The defense made some plays in the run game, with Darrian Beavers making a good play at the line of scrimmage.
* Adoree' Jackson and Amani Oruwariye each knocked away a pass downfield.
Catch up on all the action from Tuesday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.