Tuesday evening was the first practice in pads for the Giants at training camp. The sun was out with temperatures in the low 80's.
Here's what I saw from the sideline:
* Players in pads means the first day of offensive-defensive line 1-on-1s. Andrew Thomas picked up where he left off last year, winning both his reps. He looks every bit the part of an All-Pro left tackle.
* Evan Neal had a strong rep on his first snap, riding the pass rusher up field and around the quarterback to counter a speed rush.
* Ben Bredeson had two excellent reps when he took his turn at center, getting his hands inside and stalemating the defensive tackle trying to get around him.
* Leonard Williams showed off his pass rushing prowess, twice using his hands to free himself from the guard and get to the quarterback.
* Josh Ezeudu won his first rep, attacking the defensive tackle at the snaps and stopping him at the line of scrimmage.
* Tomon Fox had the best rush of practice, using his length and a bull rush on the offensive tackle, and eventually pushing him down the ground. Fox is looking to build off a strong rookie year as a 2022 undrafted free agent. New addition Brandin Bryant had a good pass rush move with a little push pull to get past the offensive guard.
* In 9-on-7 drills, the offensive line opened up a big hole on the first play. Saquon Barkley ran right behind a pulling Josh Ezeudu before getting into the secondary.
* On the following play, Rakeem Nunez-Roches had a stuff at the line of scrimmage. On the next play, on a zone run left, inside linebacker Darian Beavers shot a gap for another stuff.
* Shane Lemieux had a couple of strong blocks during 1-on-1s and 9-on-7 drills.
* While the big men were doing 1-on-1s and 9-on-7, Deonte Banks knocked a pass away intended for Jalin Hyatt during WR-DB drills. Cor'Dale Flott jumped a short route for an interception. Nick McCloud and Rodarius Williams also had pass breakups. Tommy DeVito hit Kalil Pimpleton for a long touchdown in the same period.
* During 11-on-11, Tre Hawkins had a pair of pass breakups, including a deep one down the field. Xavier McKinney won on a contested catch attempt by Darren Waller, knocking it way. Darren Evans also had pass breakup.
* Isaiah Hodgins almost made an acrobatic jumping catch on a deep pass down the right sideline, but he only got one foot down before Hawkins forced him out of bounds.
* Saquon Barkley caught a screen pass, made a defender miss and ran for a big gain into the secondary.
* Deonte Banks and Dexter Lawrence had would-be sacks. Ojulari had a pressure and a tackle for loss on a read-option play, staying outside and reading it perfectly. Fox and Oshane Ximines were also found in the backfield.
* The coaching staff and front office have been wearing t-shirts bearing a logo that says "WE>ME" this week at practice.
View photos from Monday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.