The Giants were back on the practice field Sunday afternoon three days after their first preseason game of the season. The team was in full pads and will have three consecutive days of practice before an off-day on Wednesday. They will also work on Thursday and Friday leading up to the team's second preseason game Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Metlife Stadium.
* There were offensive line-defensive line one-on-ones early in practice. Quincy Roche flashed his speed with a win off the edge. Dexter Lawrence showed off his strength with a pair or impressive bull rushes, pushing the center in to the lap of the quarterback. Evan Neal had a good pass protection rep against Tomon Fox, stopping him cold. Earlier, he got Azeez Ojulari to the ground on an inside rush move.
* Andrew Thomas and Kayvon Thibodeaux fought a draw when they went up against each other. Thibodeaux got some leverage with a rip move to the outside, but it looked like Thomas was able to move his feet and run him past the quarterback. It was a high-quality rep from the rookie against Thomas, who has been nearly impossible to beat in this drill throughout camp.
* At the other end of the field, wide receivers and defensive backs were running one-on-one drills of their own. Robert Foster had an excellent rep winning against press coverage on the line of scrimmage and stacking the cornerback behind him for a deep pass over the top for a touchdown. Adoree' Jackson, Zyon Gilbert and Xavier McKinney each had pass breakups during the period.
* The Giants' defense consistently made plays during the team portions of practice. They were getting into the backfield to disrupt the timing on pass plays. The offensive line had a lot of moving pieces today with injuries keeping Shane Lemieux and Josh Ezeudu off the field. Ben Bredeson and Max Garcia got some first-team reps. Giants quarterbacks were able to show off their mobility and ability to throw on the run.
*Jalyn Holmes was particularly active, finding his way into the backfield a number of times for what could have been sacks. Xavier McKinney also blitzed off the edge for what would have been a couple of sacks during the first set of team drills. Oshane Ximines and Tomon Fox combined for what would have been a sack during the second set of team drills. Fox added another pressure that could have been a sack later in practice, as did Nicholas Williams, David Moa and Quincy Roche. Kayvon Thibodeaux and Austin Calitro had pressures at different points of practice.
* The Giants' secondary was also able to get their hands on the football today. Rookie cornerback Zyon Gilbret had a pair of pass breakups, including one on a deep pass down the sideline. He also knocked the ball out of a receiver's hands.
* Adoree' Jackson made the play of practice. On a pass intended for Richie James, Jackson got his hand on the pass, deflected it up in the air and deflected it again to himself to grab the interception. Jackson had another deflection on a pass in his direction later in practice.
* Darnay Holmes had a pair of plays on the ball. He knocked away a short pass early in practice. Later, he made a one handed-interception toward the back of the end-zone during red zone drills to thwart a scoring opportunity for the offense.
* Aaron Robinson had a number of good coverage snaps, including two in the end-zone, blanketing the receiver on fade routes. He got a little too aggressive late in the practice and was called for a penalty in the end zone. Julian Love, Khalil Dorsey and Xavier McKinney also added pass breakups throughout practice.
* The offense made some plays of their own. C.J. Board made a leaping catch over the middle during team drills. He also caught a touchdown later in practice. Robert Foster and Richie James had a few catches for intermediate gains. Collin Johnson caught a perfectly thrown pass over his outside shoulder from Tyrod Taylor for a big gain.
View the top photos from Sunday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.