The Giants had their final standard padded practice before their preseason finale on Sunday against the Jets at Metlife Stadium. They will conduct a joint padded practice against the Jets on Thursday before a lighter session on Friday.
* The Giants welcomed back a lot of players to the practice field who had been missing time due to injury. Sterling Shepard was activated off the PUP list and worked in individual and team sessions. Shepard looked quick and explosive in his reps. Kadarius Toney, Josh Ezeudu, Jamil Douglas, Leonard Williams, Cor'Dale Flott, Matt Breida, Jon Feliciano, and Darius Slayton all practiced to some extent.
* The Giants lost Collin Johnson for the season with a torn achilles tendon. Johnson was having an excellent summer and had earned first-team snaps with his strong play.
* The Giants held 1-on-1 pass rush drills between the offensive and defensive lines early in practice. Evan Neal adjusted well to a quick inside spin move from Oshane Ximines, and stymied him with a good punch. Dexter Lawrence continued giving opposing centers issues in bull rush situations. Devery Hamilton, Mark Glowinski, Will Holden and Josh Rivas had good reps. After the 1-on-1's, the lines worked on executing and picking up twists and stunts in 2-on-2 drills.
* Since Azeez Ojulari returned from injury, it has been a pleasure watching him work against Andrew Thomas in 1-on-1's. Ojulari has given him more trouble than any other pass rusher, but Thomas has held his own more times than not. In their rep against each other from today, Ojulari hit Thomas with a speed rush to the outside, but it looked like Thomas managed to push Ojulari far enough outside and behind the quarterback.
* Wide receivers and cornerbacks went 1-on-1 while the big guys were competing with one another. Adoree' Jackson, Zyon Gilbert, and Aaron Robinson had pass break-ups. Cor'Dale Flott knocked the ball out of a receiver's hands shortly after a catch, which might have been ruled a forced fumble in a game situation.
* The receivers made some plays of their own. Wan'Dale Robinson adjusted to a deep ball for a big catch down the field. Kenny Golladay and Collin Johnson had contested catches during the period.
* At different points in practice, the offense and defense alternated working off cards to mimic what the Jets might do in the game on Sunday and in their joint practice tomorrow.
* Saquon Barkley continues to look explosive in practice as he popped a couple of long runs. Leonard Williams stopped Barkley on an outside zone run for a loss. Austin Calitro had a pass break-up and Azeez Ojulari found his way into the backfield for a would-be sack of Daniel Jones. There was also what would have been a coverage sack at the end of the first team period.
* Oshane Ximines and Nick Williams combined for a sack on the same play in the next session of team drills. Ximines had a batted pass at the line later in practice and got into the backfield for another sack. Trenton Thompson managed a pair of pass break-ups in the final two team periods. On back-to-back plays at the end of the next team session, Adoree' Jackson had his first of two pass break-ups on a throw over the middle, while Aaron Robinson intercepted a pass that didn't have enough juice on it towards the right sideline due to pressure in the pocket. It would have turned into a Pick-6. Julian Love got his hands on a pass during red zone drills to end practice.
View the best photos from Wednesday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.