The Giants held their 10th practice on Monday at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center. The team was in pads today and will be again on Tuesday before traveling to New England on Wednesday for the team's first preseason game on Thursday night.
* The team ran pass protection one-on-one drills and wide receiver-cornerback one-on-one drills simultaneously early in practice. Daniel Jones connected with wide receiver Collin Johnson on an acrobatic, contested catch near the sideline before finding fellow receiver Richie James for a leaping grab. Later in drills, Tyrod Taylor found Alex Bachman, who ran a nice route over the middle.
* During pass rush one-on-ones between the offense and defense, Andrew Thomas continued to be rock solid. Shane Lemieux had one of this better one on one reps of camps. Dexter Lawrence flashed his power on a bull rush, while Jihad Ward won on two reps going against guards. Evan Neal had an excellent pass protection rep. Elerson Smith flashed his speed around the edge for a win on a rep.
* In the team session of practice, Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence and Julian Love found their ways into the backfield for sacks. Tyrod Taylor had a good completion to Robert Foster for 10-15 yards over the middle before hitting Darius Slayton for an leaping contested catch for 20+ yards. Davis Webb had a similar contested catch connection with wide receiver Keelan Doss.
* Kenny Golladay continued his string of strong practices with another jumping contested catch on pass from Daniel Jones. Collin Johnson did likewise, with a deep pass over the top from Tyrod Taylor that he went airborne and made a diving catch for after getting behind the defense on the left sideline. It was one of the best catches we have seen during camp. Johnson also scooped up the ball before it hit the turf in front of tight coverage. Two plays after Johnson's diving catch, Taylor connected with CJ Board on a slant for a touchdown.
* The secondary was active getting their hands on the football throughout practice. Xavier McKinney forced a turnover when he grabbed an interception on a pass in the middle of the field. Adoree' Jackson grabbed an interception of his own on an overthrown pass to a receiver he wasn't even covering on the play.
* Rookie linebacker Darrian Beavers added a pass break-up, as did cornerback Darren Evans. Veteran safety Andrew Adams made an excellent play on the ball. He tracked the receiver on a flag route toward the sideline, and got his head around before putting a single hand up to knock away a pass that would have been a potential big gain. Michael Jacquet III went up to knock away a pass.
View the top photos from Monday's training camp practice at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.