The Giants were back in shells after Monday's padded practice, the first of camp. It was hot on Tuesday morning with the temperature in the 90s and few clouds in the sky.
* The focus of practice was the passing game and third-and-long situations, which led to a lot of fireworks on downfield passes. During 1-on-1s, Wan'Dale Robinson won over the top to catch pass over his shoulder from Daniel Jones for a touchdown. On the very next play, Kadarius Toney caught a similar pass from Jones on the opposite sideline. Toney would catch a perfect pass over his outside shoulder on a deep fade route during team drills later in practice. CJ Board closed out the session with a deep completion for a touchdown down the right sideline.
* Darius Slayton had one of his best practices of the summer. He flashed some good releases at the line against press coverage and made two big plays downfield. He caught a perfectly thrown fade over his outside shoulder down the right sideline from Tyrod Taylor during team drills, just getting his knee down for the 20+ yard gain. He connected with Taylor again later in practice to complete their 2-minute drill drive, "Mossing" the defensive back by going airborne and reaching over the defender to snatch the ball away form him. In a live situation, the play might not have gotten that far with Quincy Roche in position for a sack.
* Daniel Jones' 2-minute situation gave him the ball down a point. Three big big plays, a completion to Wan'Dale Robinson, a connection on a crossing route to CJ Board followed by a completion on a deep out by a leaping David Sills moved the ball to the opponents' 27. After two plays designed to run clock and set up a better field goal (including a wide slide-down by Saquon Barkley on a run play), the offense left the field with a victory.
* Collin Johnson had a nice practice, with two long catches from Tyrod Taylor during the second unit's 2-minute drill opportunity. Two plays after a third-down conversion on a Taylor rollout, Johnson laied out on a deep pass over the top.
* Richie James caught a touchdown pass from Daniel Jones for a touchdown, then celebrated with back-flip. Davis Webb hit Keelan Doss for a touchdown on a back-shoulder catch and Chris Myarick got a knee down a diving catch in the back of the end zone for a touchdown connection with Tyrod Taylor. Webb later hit wide receiver Austin Proehl for a touchdown during a red zone opportunity.
* The defense started 7-on-7 drills with two plays. First, it was Julian Love coming down from his safety position to break-up a quick pass over the middle. On the very next play, Adoree' Jackson jumped a pass for a clean interception. Jackson grabbed another interception in red zone drills at the end of practice, picking off a short pass over the middle.
* Saquon Barkley put an exclamation point on the end of practice. After motioning out from the backfield, Barkley caught a spinning back-shoulder diving catch, scooping the ball right before it hit the ground, setting a David Sills jump-ball touchdown. It was one of the toughest catches we've seen Barkley make since turning pro.
* Aaron Robinson, Khalil Dorsey and Michael Jacquet managed pass break-ups as well. Oshane Ximines, Quincy Roche, and Jihad Ward all had sacks during practice; rookie outside linebacker Tomon Fox got two.
View photos from a jam-packed training camp practice, which ended with a special talk from Eli Manning.