The Giants were back in pads for their next-to-last practice before their second preseason game on Sunday night against the Bengals. There were few clouds in the sky with temperatures in the 80s.
* The Giants worked 2-on-2 drills between offensive and defensive linemen, giving the defense a chance to practice running twists and offensive linemen a chance to pass them off successfully. Left tackle Andrew Thomas and left guard Max Garcia worked well together handing off a twist between the defensive tackle and defensive end.
* Dexter Lawrence and Azeez Ojulari successfully ran a tackle-end (T-E) twist, freeing up both defenders on their way to the quarterback. Devery Hamilton, Garrett McGhin and Eric Smith held strong against a tackle-tackle (T-T) twist on consecutive plays.
* While those drills were going on, the offense was running 7-on-7 red zone drills. The highlight came when Davis Webb hit Keelan Doss for a touchdown. Khalil Dorsey also had a pass break-up during the period.
* Team drills began in the red zone with a pair of runs from Saquon Barkley. Barkley ran for a touchdown on his third carry. Adoree' Jackson then knocked the ball out for a pass break-up. Tyrod Taylor hit Darius Slayton heading toward the sideline with a beautiful rainbow pass for a touchdown during the same period. Rookie defensive lineman DJ Davidson and rookie safety Trenton Thompson reacted quickly on would-be tackles during the period. Quincy Roche batted the ball near the line of scrimmage.
* The offense moved the ball well during full-field drills. Adoree' Jackson started the session with a pass break-up which was followed by a leaping Kenny Golladay catch for a short gain and a much longer Golladay catch over the middle for a first down. Dexter Lawrence got into the backfield for a potential sack later in the drive putting the offense in a third-and-long, but Daniel Jones connected with David Sills over the middle to move the sticks. Jones' final play on the period was a beautifully thrown pass over Collin Johnson's shoulder before he got his feet inside the sideline for a big gain.
* David Moa sacked Tyrod Taylor on the next possession, but Taylor managed to connect with CJ Board for a touchdown two plays later for a touchdown. Davis Webb hit Marcus Kemp for a catch-and-run that got him into the end zone.
* Red zone team drills came next. Darrian Beavers had a tackle for loss on the first play of the period, but three plays later Daniel Jones rolled out to find CJ Board near the back of the end zone. David Sills made a tough hands-catch in traffic on a pass from Tyrod Taylor, and three plays later Taylor hit Bachman for a touchdown.
* On the first play of the final session, Jones hit Kenny Golladay, who had gotten behind the safeties, with a beautiful pass for a big gain. Pass break-ups by Tae Crowder, Aaron Robinson, Adoree' Jackson and a potential sack from Kayvon Thiboeaux ended the drive. Davis Webb managed to score on a designed quarterback run to end his drive after two passes over the middle to Alex Bachman got the ball into the red zone.