Originally a 3rd round (87th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2017.
- Originally a 3rd round (87th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2017.
- As a rookie in 2017, Webb was inactive for the first 15 games, and did not play in the finale vs. Washington (12/31)…In the 2017 preseason, Webb completed 18 of 34 passes for 190 yards. He did not throw a touchdown pass or interception…On the final drive of the preseason finale at New England (8/31), Webb completed 4 of 6 passes on a 45-yard drive that set up Aldrick Rosas' game-winning 48-yard field goal as time expired.
- Webb played 3 seasons at Texas Tech before transferring for his final year to the University of California, where he played in 2016 as a graduate transfer…In 4 seasons, he played in 35 games with 26 starts…Career stats included 841 completions in 1,367 attempts (61.5%) for 9,852 yards, 83 touchdown passes, and 34 interceptions…In 2016, he started all 12 games in his only season at Cal…Semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award…Honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection…Completed 382 of 620 passes (61.6%) for 4,295 yards, 37 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for a 135.63 passing efficiency rating…Ranked among the nation's leaders in pass attempts (2nd), completions per game (3rd, 31.8), completions (4th), total offense (4th, 348.8 yards-per-game), passing yards (6th), passing touchdowns (T8th) and points responsible for (260, 8th)…Was the Pac-12's leader in passing yards per game (357.9) and total offense, while he set Cal single-season records for passing attempts and completions…He also equaled single-season school marks for most 300-yard passing games (10), and touchdowns responsible for (43) with his 37 in the air plus another 6 on the ground, which also tied for the most ever by a Cal quarterback.
- Threw at least 4 touchdown passes on 6 occasions, including each of the first 5 games with a career-high-tying 5 in 3 contests - at San Diego State (9/10), at Arizona State (9/24), and vs. Oregon (10/21)…Had a single rushing touchdown in 6 different contests: vs. Hawaii, vs. Texas, and then in 4 consecutive games at Oregon State, vs. Oregon, at USC and vs. Washington…Named MVP at the 2017 Reese's Senior Bowl after completing 11 of 16 passes for 165 yards and 1 touchdown while leading the South to scores on each of the 3 drives in which he played in a 16-15 victory over the North…Became the 3rd Cal player to be named the Senior Bowl MVP following quarterbacks Steve Bartkowski (1995) and Pat Barnes (1997), as well as the 36th former Cal player selected to participate in the contest.
- In 2015, played in 5 games as a reserve in his final season at Texas Tech…Completed 22 of 41 passes (53.7%) for 300 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions…Added 2 rushing attempts for 6 yards and 2 scores…Made season debut vs. Sam Houston State (9/5) and completed 1 of 4 passes for 12 yards…In 2014, started all 8 games in which he played…Academic All-Big 12 (2nd team)...Completed 211 of 345 passes (61.2%) for 2,539 yards, 24 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions for a 138.4 passer efficiency…Led the Big 12 in passing yards/game (317.4) and was 3rd in touchdown passes, (24), 4th in 300-yard passing games (4), 6th in completions (211), and 6th in passing yards (2,539)...Set a school record with at least 1 touchdown pass in each of his first 18 career games...Became the 10th quarterback in school history to pass for 5,000 career yards during the TCU game...Had multiple touchdown passes in 9 consecutive games dating back to the 2013 Holiday Bowl vs. Arizona State…In 2013, Played in 10 games with 6 starts…Completed 226 of 361 passes (62.6%) for 2,718 yards, 20 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions with a 139.1 passing efficiency...Set a Big 12 freshman records with four 400-yard passing games, 462 yards at West Virginia, and 71 passes vs. Oklahoma State…Established Texas Tech freshman records for completions (226), passes (361), passing yards (2,718), and touchdown passes (20)…Threw for more than 300 yards 6 times and 400 yards 4 times, both freshman school records…Named Offensive Most Valuable Player after completing 28 of 41 passes for 403 yards and 4 touchdowns without throwing an interception during the Red Raiders' 37-23 victory against Arizona State (12/30) in the National University Holiday Bowl.
- Packed 25,000 meals with teammates and United Airlines employees competing simultaneously against the San Francisco 49ers in support of Rise Against Hunger...Spent an October morning with Special Olympic participants, playing a variety of games on the turf in MetLife Stadium…Participated in passing drills with youth football players at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center for the Gatorade Junior Training Camp… With fellow rookies, wore fun costumes while visiting the children's hospital at Hackensack University Medical Center on Halloween to meet young patients and their families…Served lunch at Eva's Village in Paterson, N.J. with fellow rookies…Attended the Giants' annual Jingle Jam holiday party for 600 New Jersey foster children, who each received winter coats, clothes, athletic equipment and enjoyed a night of dancing and fun activities…Cheered on participants in the Giants Snow Bowl 6-on-6 flag football tournament benefitting Special Olympics of New Jersey that raises about $500,000 each year…Raised awareness for the Special Olympics of New Jersey during the NFL's "My Cause My Cleats" initiative in Week 13…Played in the Giants Foundation Golf Invitational at Westchester Country Club with foundation supporters, team sponsors/clients and teammates.
Received his bachelor's degree from Texas Tech in exercise and sports science in May 2016…Pursued a master's degree in public health at Cal…Starred at Prosper (Texas) High School...Graduated from high school in December 2012 and enrolled at Texas Tech in January 2013...Guided team to a District 9-4A Championship and a run to the Class 4A Division II Regional Semifinals vs. Lancaster...First team All-District...Honorable mention All-State...As a senior in 2012, completed 210 of 359 passes for 2,658 yards and 23 touchdowns, and added 120 rushing attempts for 589 yards and 12 scores…As a junior, threw for 2,682 yards (completing 200 of 378 passes) and 26 touchdowns... Named first-team All-District as a junior…Father, Matt Webb, is the head football coach at Centennial High School in Frisco, Texas…Mother is Donna…Has a sister, Allie.