Giants Team | New York Giants – Giants.com
|Other Days (not Mon or Sun)||1||4||1||3||0||1|
Opponents by Group
|vs Own Division||6||15||10||5||0||1|
|Outside Own Division||10||24||15||9||0||2|
|vs AFC Teams||4||12||7||5||0||2|
|vs NFC Teams||12||27||18||9||0||1|
Opponents by Team
|Green Bay Packers||1||1||1||0||0||0|
|New England Patriots||1||4||1||3||0||1|
|New York Jets||1||1||1||0||0||0|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||1||3||2||1||0||0|
|Lincoln Financial Field||1||3||2||1||0||0|
|Raymond James Stadium||1||3||2||1||0||0|
Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the San Francisco 49ers on May 4, 2012… Waived by San Francisco on Aug. 31, 2012… Signed to San Francisco's practice squad on Sept. 1, 2012… Signed by San Francisco on Feb. 11, 2013…Waived by San Francisco on Aug. 31, 2013… Signed to San Francisco's practice squad on Sept. 2, 2013…Signed by the Miami Dolphins off San Francisco's practice squad on Dec. 10, 2013…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on March 26, 2018.
- Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the San Francisco 49ers on May 4, 2012… Waived by San Francisco on Aug. 31, 2012… Signed to San Francisco's practice squad on Sept. 1, 2012… Signed by San Francisco on Feb. 11, 2013…Waived by San Francisco on Aug. 31, 2013… Signed to San Francisco's practice squad on Sept. 2, 2013…Signed by the Miami Dolphins off San Francisco's practice squad on Dec. 10, 2013…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on March 26, 2018.
- Thomas has played in 72 regular-season games with 31 starts with Miami and the Giants…Career totals include 183 tackles (132 solo), 3 interceptions, 12 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery. He also has 77 special teams tackles…Started the only postseason games in which he's played (for Miami vs. Pittsburgh on 1/8/17).
- In his first season with the Giants in 2018, Thomas played in all 16 games with 6 starts, including each of the last 4 games…Selected to his first Pro Bowl as the NFC team's special teamer. Tallied 47 tackles (32 solo), 1.0 sack, career-high totals of 2 interceptions and 6 passes defensed, and a team-high 12 special teams tackles (9 solo)…Had 1 solo tackle in his Giants debut vs. Jacksonville (9/9)…Started for the first time and had 2 tackles (1 solo) at Houston (9/23)…Intercepted a Ryan Fitzpatrick pass and had 1 solo tackle vs. Tampa Bay (11/18)…Started and had 6 tackles (3 solo) and an end zone interception of a Josh Johnson pass he returned 26 yards at Washington (12/9)…Posted season-high totals of 7 tackles (5 solo) in each of the last 3 games – vs. Tennessee (12/16), at Indianapolis (12/23), and vs. Dallas (12/30).
- In 2017, Thomas played in 13 games with 2 starts and finished with 16 tackles (9 solo), plus 7 special teams tackles…Started at New England (11/26), and contributed a season-high 5 tackles (3 solo)…Also started vs. Oakland (11/5), where he had 4 tackles (1 solo).
- In 2016, played in 16 games with 8 starts...Selected a team captain…Recorded 39 tackles (27 total), 1 sack, 1 pass defensed, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 fumble recovery...Tied for the NFL lead with 19 special teams tackles...Registered 3 tackles (2 solo), and tackled Jacoby Brissett for an 8-yard loss and forced him to fumble at New England (9/18)…The sack and forced fumble in the 4th quarter were both the first of his career...Recorded 6 tackles (4 solo) and his first career fumble recovery at Baltimore (12/4)...Had a season-high 8 tackles (7 solo) and forced a fumble on a kickoff return at Buffalo (12/24)...Started a 2016 AFC Wild Card Game at Pittsburgh (1/8), where he intercepted a Ben Roethlisberger pass and returned it 16 yards, and recorded 6 tackles (3 solo)...Converted a fake punt on 4th-and-1 at the Miami 41-yard line and rushed for 3 yards...It was the first carry of his career...He is the only player in Dolphins history to intercept a pass and have a rushing attempt in the same game, and was the first NFL player to accomplish the feat since Carolina safety Haruki Nakamura on Nov. 18, 2012…Thomas was the first NFL player since the 1998 season to have at least 1 interception and 1 rushing attempt in a playoff game.
- In 2015, played in 16 games with a career-high 13 starts…Finished with a career-high Recorded 71 tackles (56 solo) and 2 passes defensed, and added 14 special teams tackles...Registered 8 tackles (4 solo), and 2 special teams stops at the Jets (11/29)... Totaled a season-high 11 tackles (10 solo), 3 special teams stops, and 1 pass defensed at San Diego (12/20).
- In 2014, played in 8 games with 2 starts, and recorded 8 tackles (6 solo) on defense and 10 tackles on special teams...Made his first career start at Buffalo (9/14), and posted 3 tackles…Started at nickel corner and had 1 tackle at Chicago (10/19)...Recovered the ball after a first-quarter field goal attempt was blocked by Olivier Vernon and returned it 18 yards at Jacksonville (10/26), where he also had 2 tackles and 1 special teams stop...Placed on injured reserve on Nov. 3 and missed the remainder of the season.
- In his debut season in 2013, Thomas played in 3 games for the Dolphins…Recorded 2 solo tackles and his only career interception, and added 1 tackle on special teams...Spent the first 14 weeks of the season on the San Francisco's practice squad...Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week after his NFL debut vs. New England (12/15)…Saw extensive playing time in the 4th quarter following injuries to cornerbacks Nolan Carroll and Brent Grimes...With the Dolphins protecting a 24-20 lead with 27 seconds left in the game and the Patriots on the Dolphins' 19-yard line, Thomas broke up a Tom Brady pass on first down in the end zone that was intended for Danny Amendola...On 4th-and-5 on Miami's 14-yard line with 7 seconds left the game, Thomas intercepted a pass in the end zone intended for Austin Collie to preserve the Miami's victory...Thomas was the 2nd player in Dolphins history to receive an AFC Player of the Week award for his performance in his first career NFL game...Following the 1996 season opener vs. New England on Sept. 1, rookie running back Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was named AFC Offensive Player of the Week when he rushed for 115 yards on 26 carries and 1 touchdown in Miami's 24-10 victory... Thomas' award was the first time a Dolphins defensive back won the AFC Defensive Player of the Week since Lance Schulters won it in Week 3 of the 2005 season.
- Four-year letterman at Stanford (2008-11)...Played in 51 games with 24 starts...Recorded career totals of 189 tackles, 30 passes defensed, 12.5 tackles for loss, 5 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries and 2.5 sacks...As a senior in 2011, played in all 13 games and recorded 66 tackles (41 solo), 1 sack, 3 interceptions, and 5 pass breakups...As a junior, played in all 13 games and finished with 61 tackles (43 solo), 1 interception, 3 pass breakups, 3 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery…Earned honorable mention All-Pac-10 honors…As a sophomore, played in all 13 games and recorded 23 tackles (16 solo), a half-sack, and 5 pass breakups...Added 10 kickoff returns for 228 yards (22.8-yard avg.)...As a true freshman in 2008, played in all 12 games and tallied 39 tackles (23 solo), 1.0 sack, 1 interception, and 2 pass breakups.
- Thomas was the team's 2018 NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year Award nominee. The award recognizes an NFL player for outstanding community service activities off the field as well as excellence on the field.
- Hosted the 5th Annual "Camp Mike T" in his hometown of Houston, focusing on leadership, academics and athletics. The weekend event includes discussions on SAT/ACT prep, financial literacy, and athlete activism…Distributed his first $10,000 college scholarship to a camp participant...A leader in the Giants' locker room on social justice issues...Interned for three weeks during the 2018 and 2019 offseason with Texas Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, learning about the duties of government, and the responsibilities of serving in Congress…Honored at the United Way of NYC Gridiron Gala as the 2019 Hometown Hero…Since joining the Giants last year, he has taken advantage of every opportunity to get involved in worthwhile events in the tri-state area…Partnered with the N.J. Secretary General's Office to honor New Jersey colleges and universities who registered the most students to vote during the 2018 "Ballot Bowl" competition, encouraging everyone in attendance to be aware and engaged in their community, and to participate in the upcoming election...Joined several teammates and the Newark Bronze Shields, the African-American police officers association within the Newark Police Department, to host a discussion with local high school student athletes about the importance of academics, selecting college majors, academic demands of a college athlete, sports related occupations, and life after sports...Engaged in conversation and listened to Martin Luther King III speak in conjunction with RISE to Vote about the importance of voting and civic engagement at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center ... Partnered with Americares and traveled with his wife Gloria and several teammates to Puerto Rico on a 3-day trip to deliver aid and medical supplies to areas affected by Hurricane Maria, and attended their annual Airlift Benefit in October 2018...Attended the My Sisters' Place annual spring benefit to raise funds for thousands of victims of domestic abuse and human trafficking in the United States...Serves as the spokesperson for the Giants' Character Playbook program with the United Way of NYC and EverFi ... Led the end of year Character Playbook assembly at Mott Hall Bronx High School in June 2018, and hosted a kickoff event at Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem in September...Helped the Giants surprise the JFK and Eastside High School Football teams at practice, running various drills with the athletes before announcing $10,000 equipment grants for each program…Attended the Giants annual Jingle Jam holiday party for 600 New Jersey foster children, who each received winter coats, clothes, athletic equipment and enjoyed a night of dancing and fun activities…Attend the Vera Institute for Justice Gala at Cipriani Wall Street and joined the Vera Institute for Justice for 2-day experiential learning visit regarding the criminal justice system and bail reform in Broome County and Tompkins County…Given an honorary key to the city of Fort Pierce, Fla. by Mayor Linda Hudson on Oct. 20, 2015 for his involvement in the community...Participated in a "Walk for Prayer" in his hometown of Houston in an effort to end violence…Represented the Michael Thomas Dreambuilders Foundation during Week 13 of the My Cause My Cleats NFL initiative…Packed 1,000+ care packages with front office staff, coaches and teammates that were donated to My Sisters' Place, a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking…Hosted a holiday party for youth members of YCS at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center…Attended the Can Do Awards Gala fundraiser benefitting Food Bank for New York City.
- Married to wife, Gloria...They have a daughter, Genesis…Majored in sociology…Has an MBA from the University of Miami…Attended Nimitz High School in Houston, Texas.