The Giants were back on the practice field for their third consecutive day of work at training camp. It was another hot day as the team continued to expand what they're working on.
* By design, the Giants spent their first two practices working in confined spaces. On Wednesday, they focused on red zone work, and Thursday they did a lot of situational work focusing on third-and-short situations. Working in those short areas also helps serve as a ramp-up so players aren't running as many deep routes down the field. The team expanded their work Friday with more third-and-long situations where receivers and defensive backs had to open up a little bit with some deeper routes downfield.
* Daniel Jones had a streak of seven completed seven passes early in practice. The streak was broken on a play where Dexter Lawrence would have likely had a sack if contact with the quarterback was allowed. Lawrence later batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage later.
* Darnay Holmes made it three consecutive days with an interception, stepping into the passing lane for an easy Pick-6.
* Jamil Douglas took snaps at center since Jon Feliciano did not practice after having issues with the heat on Thursday.
* Tyrod Taylor threw the prettiest ball of practice during the first set of team drills. On the following play, defensive back Khalil Dorsey blitzed from the slot and would have had a sack on Taylor.
* Elerson Smith was in the backfield again for what would have been a sack of Tyrod Taylor during the second set of team drills.
* At the end of practice, the three groups of offensive personnel were given the opportunity to move the ball down the field. The defense got stops against the first two offensive groups. Yusuf Corker made a drive-stopping playing against the second unit, when he knocked away a deep throw down the middle of the field.
* Fans might notice the Giants wearing some new equipment at practice. This year, the NFL mandated the use of "Guardian Caps" in practices up to the second preseason game. All offensive linemen, defensive linemen, tight ends and linebackers will be wearing what look like soft covers on their helmets. The padding is designed to provide additional impact protection during practice.
View top photos from Day 3 of training camp at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.
Giants Fan Fest returns to Metlife Stadium
Free and open to the public, the Giants Fan Fest will feature a Blue & White intrasquad scrimmage, autographs by Giants Legends, and a fireworks show.