Originally a 7th-round (218th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- Originally a 7th-round (218 pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- Coughlin played in 21 games with 2 starts in his first 2 Giants seasons…Posted 16 tackles (13 solo), 1.0 sack, 2 quarterback hits, 2 tackles for loss and 7 special teams tackles.
- In 2021, Coughlin played in 7 games, totaling 2 solo tackles and 4 special teams tackles…Produced 2 special teams tackles vs. Atlanta (9/26)…Suffered an ankle injury vs. Carolina (10/24) and was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Nov. 1.
- As a rookie in 2020, Coughlin played in 14 games with 2 starts…Inactive at Chicago (9/20) with a hamstring injury and at the Rams (10/4)…Totaled 14 tackles (11 solo), 1.0 sack, 2 tackles for loss and 2 quarterback his on defense and 3 tackles (2 solo) on special teams.
- Made his NFL debut on special teams vs. Pittsburgh (9/14)…Recorded a memorable first career tackle when he sacked 7-time Super Bowl champion Tom Brady for an 8-yard loss in a Monday night game vs. Tampa Bay (11/2)…Had 2 solo tackles at Seattle (12/6)…Made his first career start and collected a season-high 7 tackles (5 solo), including one for loss, vs. Arizona (12/13)…Started at strongside linebacker and posted 4 tackles (3 solo) vs. Cleveland (12/20).
- Coughlin played in 49 games with 39 starts – including starts in each of his final 38 games at right defensive end - in 4 seasons at Minnesota…Second-team All-Big Ten selection as a junior and senior…Academic all-conference selection in each of his last 3 years…Two-time winner of Minnesota's Defensive Trench Award…Coughlin finished his career with 159 tackles (107 solo)…He is 3rd in school history with 22.5 sacks and 4th with 40 tackles for loss…Also forced 7 fumbles and recovered one.
- As a senior in 2019, started all 13 games…Collected career-high totals of 49 tackles (29 solo), including a team-leading 9.5 for loss and 4.5 sacks…In 2018, started all 13 games, finished with 48 tackles (34 solo) and led the team with career-high totals of 15 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks and 4 four forced fumbles…In 2017, started all 12 games…Recorded 37 tackles, including a team-leading 11.5 for a loss and 6.5 sacks, plus one forced fumble…All-Big Ten Honorable Mention…In 2016, played in 11 games with one start and contributed 25 tackles (15 solo), 4 tackles for loss and 2.0 sacks.
- Partnered with the City of East Orange during the 2021 season to support their public schools and families in need…Partnered with the American Heart Association to meet virtually with students across the tri-state area for a Play 60 conversation that focused on being active, creating healthy habits and focusing on mental health…Annually supports TeachHaiti, which empowers Haitian children through education to honor his 2 younger siblings who were adopted from Haiti.
- Business and marketing education major…Starred at Eden Prairie (Minn.), where he was a 3-year starter on the varsity team, capturing 2 state titles and losing only one game over that stretch.…Coughlin grew up a few doors down from high school teammate Ryan Connelly, a fellow linebacker who was a 5th-round draft choice of the Giants in 2019…Coughlin played on the defensive line and at linebacker and was a 3-year letter-winner for the Eagles, who ranked No. 3 in the state… Guided team to 2 state titles and a 40-game winning streak …When Coughlin was a senior in 2015, Eden Prairie was 11-1, including 9-0 in conference play…Totaled 35 tackles, including 7 for loss, 2 pass breakups and one fumble recovery…On offense, had 6 rushing attempts for 27 yards and 2 touchdowns and one reception for 46 yards and a score…Team went 13-0 in his sophomore and junior seasons…Named first-team All-state by the AP…Played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl…Also lettered in basketball…Son of Robert and Jennie Coughlin…Has 2 brothers (Quinn and Cullen) and 2 sisters (Kaiden and Callie)…Coughlin's father played defensive tackle for the Gophers from 1986-90 and was a 2-year letter winner…His mother played tennis for Minnesota from 1989-92 and was a 3-time all-conference selection and 2-time team MVP…She is in the top 5 in program history for singles wins (92) and doubles victories (89)…Maternal grandfather, Tom Moe, was a wide receiver who lettered for the Gophers from 1957-59, also played baseball for the Gophers and served as the school's interim athletic director from 1999-2002…Coughlin's uncle, Mike Moe, lettered for the Gophers in the 1980s.
|1||@Titans||W 21 - 20|
|2||Panthers||W 19 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0||1|
|3||Cowboys||L 16 - 23|
|2020||New York Giants||14||2||17||11||4||1||0||0||0|
|2021||New York Giants||7||0||6||2||4||0||0||0||0|
|2022||New York Giants||2||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||1|