Originally a first-round (7th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2022.
- Originally a first-round (7th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2022.
- Neal started all 40 games in which he played at Alabama and missed only one game in 3 seasons – due to a positive COVID-19 test in 2020…Started 13 games at left guard in 2019, 12 at right tackle in 2020 and 15 at left tackle in 2021.
- As a junior in 2021, Neal was selected first team All-America by the AFCA, FWAA, The Sporting News, CBS Sports, ESPN.com and USA Today and 2nd team by the AP…Named first team All-SEC…Elected one of Alabama's permanent team captains…Anchored an offensive line helped the Crimson Tide 6th in the country in scoring (39.9 points-per-game), 7th in passing (338.2 yards-per-game) and 3rd in 3rd-down conversion percentage…Played 1,200 snaps over 15 games…Earned offensive player of the week honors from the Alabama coaching staff after victories against Mercer, Ole Miss, Tennessee, New Mexico State, Arkansas and Cincinnati while the entire line earned received the honor after the SEC Championship Game vs. Georgia.
- In 2020, started 12 games at right tackle…Missed one game due to a positive COVID-19 test, but was cleared to play the day before the SEC Championship Game…Helped anchor the right side of the Alabama offensive line that blocked for the Power 5's No. 1 scoring offense (48.5 points-per-game), No. 1 pass efficiency offense (198.9), No. 2 passing offense (358.2 yards-per-gameg) and No. 2 total offense (541.6 yards-per-game)…The front surrendered just 11 sacks while quarterback Mac Jones was on the field and only 19 for the season on 459 dropbacks…Selected as one of the Crimson Tide coaching staff's offensive players of the week for his play against Mississippi State.
- In 2019, played multiple positions across the line before settling in at left guard…Named to several freshman All-America teams…Selected to the freshman All-SEC squad by the league coaches…Helped the Tide's offensive line rank 3rd nationally in sacks allowed at just .92 per game (12 sacks in 406 pass attempts)…The offensive front opened holes and provided time for Alabama's offense that ranked No. 2 nationally in scoring (47.2 points-per-game), 3rd in passing (342.2 yards-per-game) and 6th in total offense (510.8 yards-per-game)…Made his first career start at left guard and played 68 snaps vs. Duke.
- Anchored the offensive line at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where he was a 5-star offensive tackle by all major recruiting outlets and one of the top players in Florida...Rated as the No. 1 tackle and the No. 8 player in the nation on the Rivals 100, which rated him as the 3rd-best player in Florida...Was the 7th-ranked player, No. 1 tackle and No. 3 player in Florida on the 247Composite…Was the No. 4 player in the ESPN300...Has 7 siblings…Born and raised in Okeechobee, Fla., the same hometown as his parents…Grew up in a sports family and played football and basketball throughout his childhood…Attended Okeechobee High as a freshman, when he played right guard and tackle and defensive tackle on the varsity…After his freshman year, he transferred to IMG Academy, where he started at right guard as a sophomore…In his junior season, Neal saw action at tackle and guard, helping IMG to a 9-0 record…As a senior in 2018, played left tackle and Under Armour All-American.
- Neal's father (Eddie) played linebacker at Tulane…His uncle (Cleveland Gary) played running back at Georgia and Miami before becoming a 1989 first-round draft choice (No. 26 overall), playing 6 seasons in the NFL for the Los Angeles Rams and Miami Dolphins…Neal's uncle (Jimmie Jones), was a defensive lineman at Miami and a 3rd-round pick in the 1990 NFL Draft, playing 8 seasons with the Dallas Cowboys, St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles.
|1||@Titans||W 21 - 20||1||1|
|2||Panthers||W 19 - 16||1||1|
|3||Cowboys||L 16 - 23||1||1|
|4||Bears||W 20 - 12||1||1|
Offensive Line Career
|2022||New York Giants||3||3|