Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Baltimore Ravens on May 8, 2009)...Waived by Baltimore on Sept. 5, 2009)...Signed as a free agent by Washington on Dec. 8, 2009…Waived by Washington on Aug. 28, 2012...Signed as a free agent by Carolina on Nov. 21, 2012…Released by Carolina on July 30, 2020…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on Aug. 19, 2020.
- Originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Baltimore Ravens on May 8, 2009)...Waived by Baltimore on Sept. 5, 2009)...Signed as a free agent by Washington on Dec. 8, 2009…Waived by Washington on Aug. 28, 2012...Signed as a free agent by Carolina on Nov. 21, 2012…Released by Carolina on July 30, 2020…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on Aug. 19, 2020.
- Gano twice kicked last-second field goals that enabled the Panthers to defeat the Giants…On Oct. 7, 2018, he booted the longest field goal by an opponent in Giants history, a 63-yarder with one second remaining that gave Carolina 33-31 victory in Charlotte…It is 2 yards longer than any other field goal ever kicked against the Giants (61 yards by Philadelphia's Jake Elliott on Sept. 24, 2017). In addition, it is one of 6 kicks tied for the 3rd-longest field goal in NFL history, it was then the longest game-winning field-goal in league history and was the longest field goal in Panthers history. The only longer field goals kicked were by Baltimore's Justin Tucker at Detroit in Week 3 of the 2021 season (66 yards) and Denver's Matt Prater vs. Tennessee in Week 14 of the 2013 season (64 yards).
- On Dec. 20, 2015, Gano kicked a 43-yard field goal as time expired gave the Panthers a 38-35 victory in MetLife Stadium.
- Gano has played in 167 regular-season and 7 postseason games…He has made 284 of 338 field goal attempts (84.0%) and 344 of 361 extra point tries (95.3%) in the regular season and 12 of 15 field goal attempts (80.0%) and all 18 PATs in the playoffs…Has scored 1,196 regular-season points and exceeded 100 points in each of the 9 seasons in which he played at least 16 games…The 1,196 points placed him 8th among active players at the end of the 2021 season.
- Gano has made 32 of 51 career attempts (62.7%) from 50+ yards…He has touchbacks on 60.7% of his regular-season kickoffs (494 of 814)…Gano was a Pro Bowler in 2017, a 2-time NFC Special Teams Player of the Month and 4-time conference Player of the Week…Ranks 2nd to John Kasay in Panthers history with 742 points (165 field goals, 247 PATs).
- In 2021, Gano played in all 17 games and made 29 of 33 attempts (87.9%) and 17 of 17 extra points attempts (100.0%) for 104 points, his 9th 100-point season…Converted a Giants-record 7 from at least 50 yards (on 10 attempts), breaking the team mark of 5 he set in 2020…His 12 field goals of 50+ yards is also a franchise record, surpassing Joe Danelo's previous mark of 9…Gano entered the season having made 30 consecutive field goals attempts and he extended his streak to 37 before finally missing in Week 4…His 37 straight field goals were tied for the 4th-most in NFL history and were 7 fewer than Adam Vinatieri's record of 44.
- Converted a career-high 5 field goals at Washington (9/16), including 2 from 50+ yards…His 5 field goals made were tied for the most made in a game by a kicker in 2021…Made 2 field goals vs. Atlanta (9/26), increasing his consecutive successes to 37…Missed his first attempt since Sept. 20, 2020 at Chicago when he was wide left on a 35-yard try at New Orleans (10/3)…Later made field goals of 23 and 48 yards in an overtime victory.
- Kicked 2 field goals from 51 yards at Dallas (10/10) to tie Danelo's franchise record for the most made 50+ yard field goals…Earned NFC Player of the Week honors vs. Carolina (10/24) when he made field goals of 49, 53 and 44 yards…His 53-yard field goal was his franchise-record 10th from 50+ yards…Converted all 3 of his 3 field goal attempts vs. Las Vegas (11/1)…Made 3 of 4 tries, including a 51-yarder at Miami (12/5)… Gano has kicked 3 or more field goals in a game 45 times in his career…Made his final 4 field goal attempts of the season: 2 vs. Dallas (12/19), a 54-yarder at Philadelphia (12/26) and one at Chicago (1/2).
- In his first season with the Giants in 2020, Gano had one of the finest seasons of his career and by a Giants kicker…Made 31 of 32 attempts, a .9687 percentage that is the second highest in Giants history…In 2018, Aldrick Rosas made 32 of 33 attempts, a success rate of .9696…Gano's .9687 percentage was the highest among the 21 NFL kickers who attempted at least 25 field goals in 2020.
- Gano's only miss was on a 57-yard try at Chicago (9/20)…Had he made it, Gano would be the only kicker in NFL history with the longest field goal for a franchise and the longest 3-pointer against that same team…After the miss, he made his next 30 field goal attempts, breaking Josh Brown's previous team record of 29 from 2014-15.
- The record-setter was a 50-yard field goal with 6:27 remaining in the 4th quarter vs. Dallas (1/3)…It was Gano's 5th field goal of the season of 50 or more yards, including 4 vs. the Cowboys, which was a franchise single-season record…Brown (2014) and Rosas (2018) each had 4.
- Gano kicked field goals of 52, 42 and 47 yards vs. San Francisco (9/27) to become the 2nd kicker in Giants history with 3 field goals longer than 40 yards in a regular-season game…On Dec. 22, 2013 in Detroit, Brown kicked field goals of 41, 52 and 45 yards to become the first Giants kicker to accomplish the feat.
- Gano tied an NFL record by becoming the first player in Giants history to kick 3 field goals of 50 or more yards in a game at Dallas (10/11)…He kicked field goals of 55, 50 and 54 yards, plus a 28-yarder…Gano was one of 3 players in 2020 and is one of 13 in NFL history to kick three 50+ yard field goals in a game…The others in 2020 were Tennessee's Stephen Gostkowski (51, 54 and 55 at Minnesota on Sept. 27) and Buffalo's Tyler Bass (54, 55, 58 at Arizona on Nov. 15).
- Gano's 55-yarder was the Giants' longest field goal since Rosas' team-record 57-yarder vs. Chicago on Dec. 2, 2018…Gano's kick is tied with Danelo's 55-yarder vs. New Orleans on Sept. 20, 1981 for the 3rd-longest in Giants history…Ali Haji-Sheikh kicked 56-yard field goals vs. Green Bay on Sept. 26, 1981 and at Detroit on Nov. 7, 1983.
- The only other Giants kicker with multiple 50-yarders in a game is Raul Allegre, who booted field goals of 53 and 52 yards at Philadelphia on Nov. 15, 1987.
- Gano missed more extra points (2) than field goal attempts (one) in 2020, when he made 21 of 23 PATs.
- Received his 3rd career NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award for his contributions to the team's victory in Washington (11/8), where he kicked field goals of 38, 48 and 42 yards and 3 of his 6 kickoffs were touchbacks.
- In 2019, Gano did not play football because of an injury he suffered in practice to his left (plant) leg the previous year.
- In 2018, Gano played in 12 games for Carolina before going on injured reserve…Converted 30 of 33 PAT attempts and 14 of 16 field goal tries for 72 points, his first sub 100-point season since 2012, his first year with the Panthers…Kicked 3 extra points and a season-high 4 field goals, including a game-winning, franchise-record 63-yarder vs. the Giants (10/7), a performance that earned him the NFC Special Teams Player of the Week and NFC Special Teams Player of the Month for October.
- In 2017, played in all 16 regular-season games and one postseason game…Converted 29 of 30 field goal attempts for a then career high 96.7%...Turned 70 of 83 kickoffs into touchbacks, a career-best and franchise-record 84.8%...Scored 121 total points (29 field goals, 34 PATs), his 5th consecutive 100-point season…Set a career-high with 6 extra points vs. Miami (11/13)…Converted 4 of 5 field goal attempts in one postseason game, including a career and franchise playoff-long 58-yarder in an NFC Wild Card Game at New Orleans (1/7).
- In 2016, finished with 121 points…Kicked 30 field goals for the 2nd consecutive season (in 38 tries)…Scored 4 points vs. Minnesota (9/25) to pass Steve Smith (454 from 2001-13) for 2nd place on the Panthers' career scoring list…Set career high with 16 points (4 field goals and 4 PATs) vs. San Francisco (9/18)…Took over punting duties for an injured Andy Lee vs. Kansas City (11/13)...Punted 4 times for 180 yards with a long of 54.
- In 2015, tied for 2nd in the NFL with a Carolina-record 146 points...Kicked 30 field goals (in 36 attempts), the 5th-highest total in the NFL and the third-most in a single season in Panthers history…Added a career-high 56 extra points on 59 attempts…Named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month for November after leading the NFL in scoring (62 points) and field goals (15)…Kicked 2 game-winning field goals, a 52-yarder in overtime vs. Indianapolis (11/2) and a 43-yarder as time expired vs. the Giants (12/20)…Scored a career postseason high 22 points with 4 field goals and 10 extra points in 3 games…Booted a 39-yard field goal and one extra point in the Panthers' loss to Denver in Super Bowl 50.
- In 2014, made 29 of 35 (82.9%) field goal attempts and all 34 extra point tries for a team-leading 121 points.
- In 2013, played in all 16 games for Carolina for the first time…Converted 24 of 27 (88.9%) field goal attempts and all 42 extra point tries for a team-leading 114 points…Set a franchise record and tied for the NFL lead with 6 field goals of 50 yards or more…Led the NFL with a 79.7 touchback percentage (63 of 79).
- In 2012, played in 6 games in his first season with the Panthers…Finished 2nd on the team with 47 points…Kicked a 23-yard field goal in his Carolina debut at Philadelphia (11/26).
- In 2011, played in 16 games in his final season in Washington and led the team with 118 points…His 31 field goals (in 41 attempts) equaled the 2nd-most in franchise history...Tied the team record with 4 field goals of 50 or more yards…Booted a then-franchise record and career-long 59-yard field goal vs. San Francisco (11/6).
- In 2010, hit 24 of 35 field goal attempts and all 28 PATs for 100 points, his first time hitting that mark…Tied the NFL record for the most overtime field goals in a season with 3…Named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week in Week 16 after kicking 2 extra points and 2 field goals, including the game-winning 31-yarder in overtime, at Jacksonville (12/26).
- In his first NFL season in 2009, played in 4 games for Washington and made all 4 of his field goal attempts and 6 of 7 extra point tries for 18 points…Kicked 2 field goals, including a season-long 46-yarder, in his NFL debut at Oakland (12/13/09).
- Gano was inducted into the Florida State Athletics Hall of Fame in 2022…Played in 40 games at FSU...Served as Seminoles' placekicker for just one season...In 2008, earned the Lou Groza Award as the nation's top kicker and 2nd-team All-America honors as a senior in 2008...Converted 24 of 26 field goal attempts, including 18 in a row, with a long of 53 yards...Finished first in the Football Bowl Subdivision with 24 field goals, 92.3 percent conversion rate and 5 field goals of 50 yards or more despite not playing in the first 2 games after tearing the meniscus in his right knee 2 weeks prior to the opener...Only two misses were from 50 and 52 yards... Led the nation's kickers and Atlantic Coast Conference in scoring with 105 points...Handled punting duties for three seasons...Averaged 42.1 yards on 148 punts with a long of 64 yards.
- Teamed up with the NYPD-led Far Rockaway Giants during the 2021 season to improve police-community relations and education through flag football in Far Rockaway, Queens.
- Graham and his wife, Brittany, have 5 children: Bryson, Ryder, Kayden, Riley and Brynlee…Carolina Ed Block Courage Award Winner in 2017…Majored in criminology at Florida State…Attended J.M. Tate High School in Cantonment, Fla.
|WK||OPP||RESULT||BLK||LNG||FG Att||FGM||PCT||XP Att||XPM||XPCT||XBLK||KO||AVG||TB||Ret||Avg|
|1||@Titans||W 21 - 20||0||0||0||0||1||1||100||0||62.2||2||2||16.5|
|2||Panthers||W 19 - 16||0||56||4||4||100||1||1||100||0||62||3||3||25|
|3||Cowboys||L 16 - 23||1||51||4||3||75||1||1||100||0||62.4||4||1||24|
|4||Bears||W 20 - 12||0||44||3||2||66.7||2||2||100||0||65.2||3||2||22|
|5||@Packers||W 27 - 22||0||48||2||2||100||3||3||100||0||63.2||4||2||17.5|
|6||Ravens||W 24 - 20||0||34||1||1||100||3||3||100||0||65||5||0|
|7||@Jaguars||W 23 - 17||0||34||3||3||100||2||2||100||0||63.7||3||3||22.7|
|8||@Seahawks||L 13 - 27||0||45||2||2||100||1||1||100||0||64.2||3||1||26|
|10||Texans||W 24 - 16||0||49||1||1||100||3||3||100||0||63.8||4||1||32|
|11||Lions||L 18 - 31||0||0||0||0||2||0||0||1||50||1||2||31|
|12||@Cowboys||L 20 - 28||0||57||2||2||100||2||2||100||0||52.2||3||0|
|13||Commanders||T 20 - 20||0||48||3||2||66.7||2||2||100||0||64.8||3||2||13.5|
|SEASON||TEAM||G||GS||BLK||LNG||FG Att||FGM||PCT||XP Att||XPM||XPCT||XBLK||KO||AVG||TB||Ret||Avg|
|2020||New York Giants||16||0||0||55||32||31||96.9||23||21||91.3||0||59.7||30||40||22.2|
|2021||New York Giants||17||0||0||55||33||29||87.9||17||17||100||0||62||27||36||18.1|
|2022||New York Giants||12||0||1||57||25||22||88||23||21||91.3||1||61.9||38||19||22.4|