Originally a first round (6th pick overall) draft choice by the New York Jets in 2015…Traded to the Giants on Oct. 28, 2019.
- Originally a 1st round (6th pick overall) draft choice by the New York Jets in 2015…Traded to the Giants on Oct. 28, 2019.
- Williams has played in 112 career games with 104 starts for the Giants and Jets…Career totals include 404 tackles (198 solo), 35.5 sacks, 145 quarterback hits, 53 tackles for loss, 5 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 9 passes defensed and one interception.
- In 2021, Williams started all 17 games and totaled a career-high 81 tackles (34 solo), 6.5 sacks, 14 quarterback hits, 5 tackles for loss, 2 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles and one fumble recovery…Was one of 3 Giants to start every game, joining guard Will Hernandez and defensive lineman Austin Johnson…Williams' 81 tackles were the 4th-most by a defensive lineman in 2021.
- Posted 3 tackles (one solo), 2 quarterback hits and one tackle for loss vs. Denver (9/12)…Brought down Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan for a 6-yard loss for his first sack of the season vs. Atlanta (9/26)…Logged at least a half-sack in 4 straight games from Oct. 10-Nov. 1…Recorded 1.5 sacks vs. the Rams (10/17) and vs. Carolina (10/24)…Produced a season-high 3 quarterback hits against the Panthers as part of a defense that only allowed 3 points and 173 net yards…Strip-sacked Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes on third down to force a field goal attempt at Kansas City (11/1).
- Totaled 5 tackles (2 solo), one pass defensed and recovered a Derek Carr fumble on the second to last play of the game to preserve a victory vs. Las Vegas (11/7)…Forced his 2nd fumble of the season vs. Dallas (12/19)…Tallied a season-high 8 total tackles (2 solo) at Chicago (1/2)…Sacked quarterback Taylor Heinicke for a 10-yard loss vs. Washington (1/9).
- In 2020, Williams had the most productive season of his career while playing in all 16 games with 12 starts…He was twice named NFC Defensive Player of the Week…Williams' team-leading 11.5 sacks were the most by a Giants' player since Jason Pierre-Paul's 14.5 in 2014 and were 7.5 more than any of his teammates, 4.5 more than his previous best total (in 2016) and 11.0 more than he had in 2019…He was 3rd in the NFL with 30 quarterback hits and tied for 6th with 14 tackles for loss…He was 5th on the Giants with 57 tackles (29 solo)…Also had one fumble recovery and one pass defensed.
- Named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week twice in the season's final 5 weeks, following victories at Seattle (12/6) and vs. Dallas (1/3)…He was the first Giants player to win 2 Player of the Week awards in the same season since punter Brad Wing in 2016, the first defensive player to achieve that double since safety Landon Collins that same season and the first defensive lineman to be cited twice since Pierre-Paul in 2011, the season in which the Giants won Super Bowl XLVI.
- Williams was first honored following the Giants' 17-12 defeat of the NFC West champion Seahawks…Tied his then career high with 2.5 sacks – all in the 2nd half – for 25.5 yards and was credited with 5 of the Giants' 10 pressures of Russell Wilson…In the 3rd quarter, Williams sacked Wilson for a 15-yard loss to help force a Seattle punt. Midway through the 4th quarter, Williams teamed with Jabaal Sheard for a 5-yard sack…And with the Seahawks trying to drive for the go-ahead touchdown, Williams sacked Wilson for a 10-yard loss on 3rd down with 48 seconds remaining, all but ending Seattle's chances to win the game.
- Against Dallas, Williams had a season-high 7 tackles (5 solo), a career-best 3.0 sacks for 20 yards, 5 quarterback hits and 2 critical pressures in the Giants' 23-19 victory…With 1:53 remaining, the Cowboys had a first-and-goal at the Giants' 7-yard line when Williams sacked Andy Dalton for a 10-yard loss…Two plays later, on third down from the 17, Williams pressured Dalton into throwing a pass that floated into the end zone, where rookie safety Xavier McKinney made a game-saving interception – the first pick of his career.
- Williams' 3.0 sacks vs. the Cowboys were the most by a Giants player in a game since Dec. 2, 2018, when defensive lineman B.J. Hill had 3.0 in a victory against Chicago.
- Tallied 6 tackles (3 solo) vs. Cleveland (12/20).
- Williams had an 8-yard sack and a game-clinching fumble recovery with 49 seconds remaining in a 19-17 victory at Cincinnati (11/29)…Recovered a fumble by quarterback Brandon Allen…Recorded 1.0 sack in 5 other games: at Washington (11/8), vs. Tampa Bay (11/2), vs. Washington (10/18), vs. San Francisco (9/27) and vs. Pittsburgh (9/14).
- In 2019, Williams started 7 games with the Jets and played in 8 games with 5 starts for the Giants…Registered 20 tackles (8 solo), one pass defensed and 5 quarterback hits for the Jets and 26 tackles (13 solo), a half-sack, one forced fumble, 2 tackles for loss and 11 quarterback hits for the Giants…Had 3 tackles (one solo) in his Giants debut vs. Dallas (11/4)…Contributed a season-high 5 solo tackles at Philadelphia (12/9)…Tallied 3 solo stops and forced a Ryan Fitzpatrick fumble on the Dolphins' first possession of the 3rd quarter that was recovered by Sean Chandler…Collected 5 tackles (one solo) and split a 10-yard sack of Carson Wentz with David Mayo vs. Philadelphia (12/29).
- In 2018, Williams started all 16 games…Finished with 42 tackles (27 solo), 5.0 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 20 quarterback hits and matched his career-high with 11 tackles for loss.
- Set a season-high with 6 total tackles (5 solo) and 2 tackles for loss vs. Miami (9/16)…Picked up his first sack of the season along with 5 tackles (4 solo), 2 tackles for loss and one quarterback hit at Jacksonville (9/30)…Recorded a season-high 2.0 sacks to go with 5 tackles (2 solo), 2 tackles for loss and 3 quarterback hits vs. Denver (10/07).
- In 2017, Williams started all 16 games…Registered 47 tackles (27 solo), 2.0 sacks, one pass defended, 25 quarterback hits, 3 tackles for loss and his only career interception...Recorded a season-high 7 tackles (3 solo) and 2 quarterback hits vs. Jacksonville (10/1)…Picked up 5 tackles (3 solo), one pass defended and his only career interception at New Orleans (12/17).
- In 2016, Williams started all 16 games…Tallied 68 tackles (36 solo), 7.0 sacks, 11 tackles for loss and 2 forced fumbles, along with 19 quarterback hits…Earned his first Pro Bowl selection…Had 2.5 sacks and 5 quarterback hits to go with 6 tackles (3 solo) and 2 tackles for loss vs. Cincinnati (9/11)…Picked up his first-career forced fumble along with 4 solo tackles at Buffalo (9/15).
- In his rookie season in 2015, Williams played in 16 games with 15 starts…Recorded 63 tackles (29 solo), 3.0 sacks, 21 quarterback hits and 7 tackles for loss...Had 5 tackles (one solo) in his NFL debut vs. Cleveland (9/13)…Picked up his first career half-sack to go with 6 tackles (one solo), 2 quarterback hits and his first career tackle for loss vs. Philadelphia (9/27)…Recorded a season-high 7 tackles and one tackle for loss vs. Buffalo (11/12)…Registered his first full sack, a 4-yard takedown of Eli Manning, at the Giants (12/6).
- Started 35 of 39 career games at the University of Southern California, totaling 218 tackles (111 solo), 21.0 sacks, 36.5 tackles for loss, 4 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries, 2 interceptions and 7 passes defensed…As a senior in 2014, started all 13 games and finished with 80 tackles (48 solo), 7.0 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, one forced fumble, 3 fumble recoveries, one interception and 3 passes defensed…Named first-team All-Pac-12 and first-team All-American…In his junior year, started all 13 games and recorded 74 tackles (32 solo), 6.0 sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss, one forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries…Named first-team All-Pac-12 and first-team All-American…As a freshman in 2012, played in 13 games with 9 starts and registered 64 tackles (31 solo), 8.0 sacks, 13.5 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, one interception and 4 passes defensed…Named Pac-12 Defensive Freshman of the Year.
- Partnered with the NYPD-led Far Rockaway Giants and New York City Police Foundation, during the 2021 season to expand the Far Rockaway Giants into Harlem...Created a PSA to thank SAP for their $50,000 contribution toward the team's Inspire Change efforts.
- Born in Bakersfield, California…Attended Mainland High School in Daytona Beach, Florida…Named All-State Class 6A first team by the Associated Press after his senior year at Mainland…Selected to 2012 Under Armour All-American Game…Was also a standout in the weight throw for Mainland's track team.
|1||@Titans||W 21 - 20||5||2||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||Panthers||W 19 - 16||2||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|3||Cowboys||L 16 - 23|
|2015||New York Jets||16||15||63||21||34||3||0||0||0|
|2016||New York Jets||16||16||68||35||32||7||0||0||2|
|2017||New York Jets||16||16||47||20||25||2||0||1||1||6||6||6||0||0|
|2018||New York Jets||16||16||42||25||15||5||0||2||0|
|2019||New York Jets||7||7||20||7||12||0||0||1||0|
|2019||New York Giants||8||5||26||10||13||0.5||0||2||1|
|2020||New York Giants||16||12||57||22||28||11.5||0||1||0||1|
|2021||New York Giants||17||17||81||27||47||6.5||0||2||2||1|
|2022||New York Giants||2||2||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|