Giants Team | New York Giants – Giants.com
|Own 1-20 - by Yard Line||5||0||5||0||0|
|Own 21-50 - by Yard Line||9||5||4||0||0|
|Opp 49-20 - by Yard Line||14||6||8||1||0|
|Opp 19-1 - by Yard Line||4||0||4||0||0|
|Last Two Minutes of Half||1||0||1||0||0|
Home vs Road
Margin of Victory
|Ahead by 9-16 Points||6||3||3||1||0|
|Ahead by 1-8 Points||2||0||2||0||0|
|Behind by 1-8 Points||12||5||7||0||0|
|Behind by 9-16 Points||5||1||4||0||0|
|4th Quarter within 7||3||1||2||0||0|
Originally a 3rd-round (69th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2018. As a rookie in 2018, Hill played in all 16 games with 12 starts at defensive tackle…Finished 2nd on the team with a Giants rookie-record 5.5 sacks. Hill broke the former franchise rookie sack mark of 5.0 sacks that had been shared by linebacker Andy Headen (1983) and defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (2000). Pro Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor had 9.5 sacks his 1981 rookie year, but sacks did not become an official statistic until the following season…Hill had 48 tackles (32 solo), 6 tackles for loss, 8 quarterback hits and 2 passes defensed.
- Originally a 3rd-round (69th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2018.
- As a rookie in 2018, Hill played in all 16 games with 12 starts at defensive tackle…Finished 2nd on the team with a Giants rookie-record 5.5 sacks. Hill broke the former franchise rookie sack mark of 5.0 sacks that had been shared by linebacker Andy Headen (1983) and defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (2000). Pro Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor had 9.5 sacks his 1981 rookie year, but sacks did not become an official statistic until the following season…Hill had 48 tackles (32 solo), 6 tackles for loss, 8 quarterback hits and 2 passes defensed.
- Started and had 4 tackles (1 solo) in the season opener vs. Jacksonville (9/9)…Recorded his first NFL sack, a 7-yard takedown of Deshaun Watson, at Houston (9/23)…Followed with the Giants' only sack of Drew Brees, an 8-yarder, vs. New Orleans (9/30)…Finished with a season-high 6 tackles (5 solo) vs. Washington (10/28)…Tallied 3.0 sacks, the highest total by a Giants player in 2018, vs. Chicago (12/2). It was the first 3-sack game by a Giants player since Jason Pierre-Paul had 3.0 sacks at Denver on Oct. 15, 2017, and the first by a Giants rookie since Philip Tabor did it vs. Philadelphia on Sept. 23, 1979…Had a half-sack vs. Dallas (12/30).
- Played in 51 games with 44 starts at North Carolina State…Career totals include 187 tackles (80 solo), 26.5 tackles for losses, 9.0 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 11 quarterback pressures, and 10 pass breakups…As a senior in 2017, started all 13 games at nose tackle and finished with a career-high 57 tackles (20 solo), 55 tackles for losses, 3.0 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 3 quarterback pressures, and 4 pass breakups…In 2016, started all 13 games and contributed 39 tackles (16 solo), 2.5 tackles for losses, 1.0 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries….In 2015, started all 13 games and notched 51 tackles (24 solo), including 11 for loss, and a career-high 3.5 sacks…Co-Recipient of the Carey Brewbaker Award, which is given to the team's most outstanding defensive lineman…As a freshman in 2014, played in 12 games, including starts in 5 of the last 6 contests…Led all true N.C. State defensive freshmen in starts…Finished with 40 tackles (20 solo), 7.5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks.
- Hosted the B.J. Hill Youth Football Camp for athletes in Red Cross, N.C…Attended the Giants annual Jingle Jam holiday party for 600 New Jersey foster children, who each received winter coats, clothes, athletic equipment and enjoyed a night of dancing and fun activities…Cheered on participants in the Giants Snow Bowl 6-on-6 flag football tournament benefitting Special Olympics of New Jersey that raises about $500,000 each year…Attended the 2019 Suite Holders Giants Draft Party at Slate in NYC, thanking season ticket holders for their support and celebrating the new Rookie Draft Class… Participated in drills with youth football players at Quest Diagnostics Training Facility for the Campbell's High School Clinic with Cardinal Hayes H.S… Represented Kingdom Citizens Outreach Ministries during Week 13 of the My Cause My Cleats NFL initiative…Served lunch at Eva's Village in Paterson, N.J. with fellow rookie teammates as well as set up and cleaned up afterwards…Packed 1,000+ care packages with front office staff, coaches and teammates that were donated to My Sisters' Place, a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking…Hosted a holiday party for youth members of YCS at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center…Participated in fun football activities with WWE stars Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss in preparation for Wrestlemania at MetLife Stadium…Presented at the Courage Award at the Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Dinner.. attended the Fitness and Wellness Combine at HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Center and encouraged athletic combine participants…Led a 45-minute fitness class at HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Center powered by the Giants…Visited the children's hospital with other rookie teammates at Hackensack University Medical Center on Halloween to visit with young patients and their families, wearing fun costumes.
- - Criminology major…Played defensive end at West Stanly High School…Recorded 68 tackles, 9.0 sacks and 1 interception, plus 118 carries for 819 yards and 5 touchdowns as a senior…Also played basketball, including AAU competition.