Giants Team | New York Giants – Giants.com
|Other Days (not Mon or Sun)||1||1||0||1||0||0|
Opponents by Group
|vs Own Division||6||14||5||9||1||0|
|Outside Own Division||10||18||6||12||0||0|
|vs AFC Teams||4||6||2||4||0||0|
|vs NFC Teams||12||26||9||17||1||0|
Opponents by Team
|Green Bay Packers||1||2||0||2||0||0|
|New England Patriots||1||1||0||1||0||0|
|New York Jets||1||2||0||2||0||0|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||1||3||1||2||0||0|
|Lincoln Financial Field||1||2||1||1||0||0|
|Raymond James Stadium||1||3||1||2||0||0|
Originally a 3rd-round (69th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2018. As a rookie in 2018, Hill played in all 16 games with 12 starts at defensive tackle…Finished 2nd on the team with a Giants rookie-record 5.5 sacks. Hill broke the former franchise rookie sack mark of 5.0 sacks that had been shared by linebacker Andy Headen (1983) and defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (2000). Pro Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor had 9.5 sacks his 1981 rookie year, but sacks did not become an official statistic until the following season…Hill had 48 tackles (32 solo), 6 tackles for loss, 8 quarterback hits and 2 passes defensed.
- Originally a 3rd-round (69th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2018.
- In his first 2 seasons with the Giants, played in all 32 games with 17 starts…Totals included 84 tackles (47 solo) and 6.5 sacks.
- In 2019, played in all 16 games with 5 starts…Started each of the first 3 and 5 of the first 6 games…Tallied 36 tackles (15 solo) and 1.0 sack…Credited with a season-high 5 tackles (2 solo) vs. Minnesota (10.6)…Sacked Case Keenum for an 11-yard loss at Washington (12/22).
- As a rookie in 2018, Hill played in all 16 games with 12 starts at defensive tackle…Finished 2nd on the team with a Giants rookie-record 5.5 sacks. Hill broke the former franchise rookie sack mark of 5.0 sacks that had been shared by linebacker Andy Headen (1983) and defensive tackle Cornelius Griffin (2000). Pro Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor had 9.5 sacks his 1981 rookie year, but sacks did not become an official statistic until the following season…Hill had 48 tackles (32 solo), 6 tackles for loss, 8 quarterback hits and 2 passes defensed.
- Started and had 4 tackles (1 solo) in the season opener vs. Jacksonville (9/9)…Recorded his first NFL sack, a 7-yard takedown of Deshaun Watson, at Houston (9/23)…Followed with the Giants' only sack of Drew Brees, an 8-yarder, vs. New Orleans (9/30)…Finished with a season-high 6 tackles (5 solo) vs. Washington (10/28)…Tallied 3.0 sacks, the highest total by a Giants player in 2018, vs. Chicago (12/2). It was the first 3-sack game by a Giants player since Jason Pierre-Paul had 3.0 sacks at Denver on Oct. 15, 2017, and the first by a Giants rookie since Philip Tabor did it vs. Philadelphia on Sept. 23, 1979…Had a half-sack vs. Dallas (12/30).
- Played in 51 games with 44 starts at North Carolina State…Career totals include 187 tackles (80 solo), 26.5 tackles for losses, 9.0 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 11 quarterback pressures, and 10 pass breakups…As a senior in 2017, started all 13 games at nose tackle and finished with a career-high 57 tackles (20 solo), 55 tackles for losses, 3.0 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 3 quarterback pressures, and 4 pass breakups…In 2016, started all 13 games and contributed 39 tackles (16 solo), 2.5 tackles for losses, 1.0 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries….In 2015, started all 13 games and notched 51 tackles (24 solo), including 11 for loss, and a career-high 3.5 sacks…Co-Recipient of the Carey Brewbaker Award, which is given to the team's most outstanding defensive lineman…As a freshman in 2014, played in 12 games, including starts in 5 of the last 6 contests…Led all true N.C. State defensive freshmen in starts…Finished with 40 tackles (20 solo), 7.5 tackles for loss, and 1.5 sacks.
- Hosted the B.J. Hill Youth Football Camp for athletes in Red Cross, N.C.… Cheered on participants in the Giants Snow Bowl 6-on-6 flag football tournament benefitting Special Olympics of New Jersey that raises about $500,000 each year…Attended the 2019 Giants Draft Party at Slate in New York City, where he thanked season ticket holders for their support and celebrated the new draft class…Represented Kingdom Citizens Outreach Ministries during the NFL's Week 14 My Cause My Cleats initiative…Contributed funds to Kingdom Citizens Outreach Ministries…Packed 1,000+ care packages with front office staff, coaches and teammates that were donated to My Sisters' Place, a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking…Joined with his fellow defensive linemen to make a donation to host a holiday pizza party for youth from local YCS group homes at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center…Contributed funds to YCS…Joined Stop & Shop to offload 1,500 turkeys to the Community Food Bank of N.J. for less fortunate families in the local community during the holidays. Finished the day with a visit to the Hillside Senior Center to provide produce and other healthy items from the Food Bank…Participated in fun football activities with WWE stars Bayley and Sasha Banks in preparation for Wrestlemania at MetLife Stadium…Presented wounded warrior Michael Carrasquillo – a lifelong Giants fan – with the Courage Award at the Wounded Warrior Project Courage Awards & Benefit Dinner at Gotham Hall...Led a 45-minute fitness class at HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Center powered by the Giants.
- Criminology major…Played defensive end at West Stanly High School…Recorded 68 tackles, 9.0 sacks and 1 interception, plus 118 carries for 819 yards and 5 touchdowns as a senior…Also played basketball, including AAU competition.