Opponents by Group
|Outside Own Division||1||4||2||2||0||0|
|vs AFC Teams||1||4||2||2||0||0|
Opponents by Team
|Paul Brown Stadium||1||4||2||2||0||0|
Originally a 2nd-round (55th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2017.
- Originally a 2nd-round (55th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2017.
- Tomlinson started all 48 games in his first 3 Giants seasons…He is the first Giants player to start every game in his first 3 seasons with the team since veteran safety Antrel Rolle (2010-12), the first draft choice to do so since offensive lineman David Diehl (2003-05) and the first defensive draft choice to start his first 48 games since cornerback Perry Williams (1984-86)…Entering the 2020 season, he has the Giants' longest active starting streak. Nate Solder and Will Hernandez are tied for 2nd with 32 straight starts…Tomlinson and Denver tackle Garett Bolles are the only players from the 2017 draft class to start every game since entering the league…His career totals include 158 tackles (81 solo), including 4.5 sacks.
- In 2019, Tomlinson started all 16 games for the 3rd consecutive season…Totaled 49 tackles (23 solo), a career-high 3.5 sacks, 7 tackles for loss, 9 quarterback hits and 1 forced fumble…Tallied a half-sack vs. Washington (9/29)…Recorded 7 tackles, including a season-high 6 solo), at New England (10/10)…Contributed 3 solo tackles and his first full sack of the season, a 9-yard takedown of Matthew Stafford, at Detroit (10/27)…Posted a team and season-best 9 tackles (2 solo), including a 5-yard sack of Sam Darnold, at the Jets (11/10)…Was credited with his first career forced fumble at Philadelphia (12/9) when he caused Carson Wentz to lose the ball, which was recovered by linebacker David Mayo. Also had 5 tackles (1 solo)…Picked up his final sack, a 5-yarder of Ryan Fitzpatrick, vs. Miami (12/15).
- In 2018, Tomlinson started all 16 games and finished with 59 tackles (28 solo), including 5 tackles for loss…Opened the season with 5 tackles (3 solo) vs. Jacksonville (9/9)…Had 6 tackles (2 solo) vs. Tampa Bay (11/18), 4 solo stops at Philadelphia (11/25), and a season-high 7 tackles (4 solo) vs. Chicago (12/2).
- As a rookie in 2017, Tomlinson started all 16 games at defensive tackle…He was the 3rd consecutive Giants 2nd-round draft choice to start all 16 games as a rookie, joining safety Landon Collins (2015) and wide receiver Sterling Shepard (2016). Former Giants center Weston Richburg, the 2014 second-round selection, played in all 16 games, but started 15…Tomlinson was the first Giants rookie defensive lineman to start 16 games since Barry Cofield in 2006.
- Tomlinson was selected to the Pro Football Writers All-Rookie team…Finished the season with 50 tackles (30 solo), including 1.0 sack.
- Had 4 tackles (1 solo) in his NFL debut at Dallas (9/10)…Tallied 6 tackles (3 solo) vs. Kansas City (11/19)…Registered 2 tackles (1 solo), and picked up his first career sack, a 9-yard takedown of Kirk Cousins, at Washington (11/23)…Contributed a season-high 7 tackles (2 solo) at Oakland (12/3).
- After redshirting as a freshman in 2012, Tomlinson played in 45 games with 15 starts at Alabama…All of the starts were in his senior season…Career totals included 122 tackles, 11.5 tackles for losses, 5.0 sacks, and 1 forced fumble…In 2016, started all 15 games for the Crimson Tide and collected 62 tackles, 5.5 tackles for losses, 3.0 sacks, 7 quarterback hurries, 4 pass breakups, and 1 forced fumble…Made first career start vs. USC (9/3) and had 1 tackle…Tied his then career-high with 7 tackles vs. Ole Miss (9/17)…Recorded 1.5 tackles for loss and 1.0 sack for 12 yards among his 3 tackles, and forced a fumble vs. Texas A&M (10/22)…Posted 6 tackles, including 1.5 for losses and one 11-yard sack, and helped limit the Tigers to 33 rushing yards on 27 carries, at LSU (11/5)…Set a career high with 8 tackles vs. Chattanooga (11/19)…Recorded 5 tackles and 2 quarterback hurries as the Gators rushed for 0 yards vs. Florida in the SEC Championship Game (12/3)…Had 4 stops vs. Washington (12/31)…Concluded career with 4 tackles, including 1 for a loss, vs. Clemson in the CFP National Championship Game (1/9)…In 2015, played in all 15 games as the top defensive line reserve for the national champion Crimson Tide…Recorded 34 tackles…Tied his season-high with 5 tackles and helped hold Dak Prescott to 14 rushing yards on 26 carries at Mississippi (11/14)…Finished with 3 tackles in the national semifinal vs. Michigan State (12/31)…Had 1 solo tackle in the CFP National Championship Game victory vs. Clemson (1/11)…In 2014, played in 14 games and totaled 22 tackles with 8 solo stops, 2.0 sacks, and 5.5 tackles for losses…As a redshirt freshman in 2013, played in 1 game, finishing with 4 tackles (2 solo) vs. Virginia Tech (8/31) before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
- Tomlinson was the Giants' 2019 nominee for the NFL's Anything but Ordinary Player of the Year award…Kicked off Crucial Catch Month by visiting the American Cancer Society's Hope Lodge in New York City, where families stay free of charge while receiving cancer treatment at local hospitals…During Salute to Service month, played video games at the training facility against military veterans through the Wounded Warrior Project as well as led the veterans through a tour of the facility…Along with youngsters from Bayonne Public Housing, attended the opening celebration of The Project, a gaming and streaming education program…Joined several teammates and the Newark Bronze Shields, the African-American police officers association within the Newark Police Department, to host a discussion with local high school student athletes about the importance of academics, selecting college majors, academic demands of a college athlete, sports related occupations, and life after sports…Attended the Fuel Up to Play 60 summit in Cleveland, Ohio and encouraged 264 student leaders from around the country about nutrition and physical fitness…Joined with his fellow defensive linemen to make a donation to host a holiday pizza party for youth from local YCS group homes at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center…Contributed funds to YCS…Hosted and spoke with children from Good Grief, a group that helps young children cope with the experience of losing a parent or sibling at a young age, at a training camp practice… Represented Kate's Club during the NFL's Week 14 My Cause My Cleats initiative…Attended the 2019 Suite Holders Giants Draft Party at Slate in New York City, thanking season ticket holders for their support and celebrating the new Rookie Draft Class…Attended the Muscle Team Gala to support the fundraising efforts of the Muscular Dystrophy Association…Surprised the Hudson County Dolphins team at practice with brand new equipment… Packed 1,000+ care packages with front office staff, coaches and teammates that were donated to My Sisters' Place, a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking…During the COVID-19 pandemic, joined Belleville Elementary School's music class via Zoom to speak to the students about the instruments he played growing up and answered their questions…Joined McDonough High School football team's Zoom call to speak with the athletes and answer questions… Joined Daniel Jones, Dexter Lawrence, Julian Love, Will Hernandez, Blake Martinez and Evan Engram in recording messages to the graduating class of 2020. These messages were included in a single video and customized with a display of the school's name in the beginning. Videos were sent to more than 75 school districts in the Tri-State area.
- First team Georgia Sports Writers Association AAA All-State at Henry County High School…As a senior in 2011, had 109 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 4 pass breakups, and 1 blocked field goal…In his junior season, had 76 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 2 fumble recoveries…Outstanding student who passed on an opportunity to attend Harvard to play football for the Crimson Tide…Three-time heavyweight wrestling champion…Also a striker on the school's soccer team…A talented musician who plays piano, trumpet and the drums and an artist who excels at drawing with pencils.