|2022||New York Giants||10||63||39||24||1||0||3||1||0||27||27||27|
|2021||New York Giants||17||57||33||24||0.5||0||6||1||0||0||0||0|
|2020||New York Giants||16||61||45||16||0||0||3||1||0||13||13||13|
|2019||New York Giants||15||32||25||7||0||0||3||1||0||30||30||30|
|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
|2022||New York Giants||10||0||0||1||1||0|
|2021||New York Giants||17||0||0||0||1||0|
|2020||New York Giants||16||0|
|2019||New York Giants||15||1|
Originally a 4th-round (108th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2019.
- Originally a 4th-round (108th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2019.
- Love has played in 48 games with 16 starts…Totals include 152 tackles (105 solo), 7 tackles for loss, 3 interceptions, 13 passes defensed, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and a half-sack.
- In 2021, played in all 17 games with 5 starts and recorded a career-high 7 passes defensed, 2 quarterback hits, one fumble recovery and a half-sack…Tallied 56 tackles (32 solo), one interception and one tackle for loss…His 10 special teams tackles were the 2nd-most on the team…Was the only NFL player with at least 50 tackles, 10 special teams tackles and one interception.
- Collected 5 tackles (3 solo), one quarterback hit and one pass defensed in his first start of the season at Dallas (10/10)…Recorded his 3rd career interception when he picked off Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes in the end zone at Kansas City (11/1)…Started at safety at Tampa Bay (11/22) and set a career high with 2 passes defensed to go with his 6 tackles (3 solo).
- Tallied 4 tackles (one solo), a half-sack, one quarterback hit, one pass defensed, 2 special teams tackles and also recovered a fumble forced by Dexter Lawrence in the 4th quarter vs. Philadelphia (11/28)…Started at the Chargers (12/12) and posted 6 tackles (3 solo) and one stop for loss…Recorded a season-high 10 tackles (8 solo) vs. Dallas (12/19)…Started at Chicago (1/2) and contributed one solo tackle and one special teams tackle.
- In 2020, played in all 16 games with 6 starts…Finished 4th on the team with 61 tackles (45 solo)…Had one tackle for loss, one interception, one forced fumble and 3 passes defensed…Started the season's first 2 games at free safety and totaled 8 tackles (7 solo)…Intercepted a Mitch Trubisky pass and returned it 13 yards at Chicago (9/20)…Love's first 2 career interceptions were on Trubisky passes in Soldier Field…Tallied a career-high 12 tackles (10 solo) vs. San Francisco (9/27)…Collected 9 tackles (6 solo) vs. Arizona (12/3)…Also started at Philadelphia (10/22) and vs. Tampa Bay (11/2), Cleveland (12/20) and Dallas (1/3).
- As a rookie in 2019, played in 15 games, including starts at strong safety in each of the final 5 games…Inactive at Tampa Bay (9/22)…Made his NFL debut at Dallas (9/8)…Tallied his first special teams tackle vs Minnesota (10/6)…Saw his first extensive defensive action when he replaced an injured Jabrill Peppers at Chicago (11/24)…Had one solo tackle and picked up his first career interception when he grabbed a Trubisky pass on the first play of the 4th quarter and returned it 30 yards…Started for the first time and collected 7 tackles (4 solo) vs. Green Bay (12/1)…Posted a season-high 6 solo tackles at Philadelphia (12/9)…Recorded a season-high 9 tackles (8 solo) vs. Philadelphia (12/29).
- In three seasons at Notre Dame, Love played in 38 games with 34 starts…Set the school record with 44 pass breakups…Totaled 176 tackles (126 solo), 6 tackles for loss, 5 interceptions, including 2 he returned for touchdowns, one forced fumble, and 4 fumble recoveries…As a junior in 2018, started all 13 games and was one of 3 finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award, which is presented to the nation's best defensive back…Registered 63 tackles (49 solo), one interception, a team-high 15 pass breakups, and 3 fumble recoveries…Broke the Notre Dame record for career pass breakups with his 33rd vs. Stanford…In 2017, started all 13 games…Registered a career-high 68 tackles (45 solo), the top total among any non-linebacker on the team…Led team in passes defensed (23), interceptions (3) and interception return yards (153)…Love's school‐record 20 pass breakups shattered the previous school record of 13 set by Clarence Ellis in 1969…Became the 8th player in Notre Dame history to return 2 interceptions for touchdowns in a season (59 yards at Michigan State and 69 yards vs. N.C. State)…As a freshman in 2016, played in 12 games with starts in the final 8 games…Registered 45 tackles (32 solo), 2 tackles for loss, one interception, 4 pass breakups, one forced fumble, and one fumble recovery…Led all Fighting Irish freshmen in games started and tackles.
- Partnered with the NYPD-led Far Rockaway Giants and New York City Police Foundation during the 2021 season to expand the Far Rockaway Giants into Harlem...Partnered with the American Heart Association to meet virtually with students across the tri-state area for a Play 60 conversation that focused on being active, creating healthy habits and focusing on mental health…Represented the Just1mike Foundation, which was created to honor Michael Brindley, a 16-year old boy who passed away from cardiac arrest, during the NFL's Week 13 My Cause My Cleats initiative.
- Love and his wife, Julia, have been together since high school…They own a pet bernedoodle named Leo…Management consulting major…In his junior and senior seasons (2014-15) at Nazareth Academy (La Grange, Ill.), Love helped lead the football team to records of 14-0 and 12-2 and Illinois High School Association Class 5A championships…In 2015, he was an Illinois High School Coaches Association Class 5A All‐Illinois first team…As a senior, he registered 92 tackles, 19 stops for loss, 3 forced fumbles and one fumble recovery for 54 yards, rushed for 1,067 yards and 18 touchdowns on 104 carries (10.3-yard avg.), and caught 29 passes for 662 yards (22.8-yard avg.) and 7 scores…In his junior season, he collected 41 tackles, one stop for loss and had a 93‐yard interception return touchdown…Also rushed for 541 yards and 8 touchdowns on 46 carries (11.8-yard avg.)…Had two 100-yard rushing games and a career‐long run of 74 yards…Caught 14 passes for 375 yards (26.8-yard avg.) and 4 scores, including a season‐long 65-yarder…Returned 6 kickoffs for 130 yards (21.7-yard avg.) and 11 punts for 242 yards (22.0-yard avg.), including a 73‐yard return.