Giants Team | New York Giants – Giants.com
Opponents by Group
|vs Own Division||4||6||3||3||0||0|
|Outside Own Division||1|
|vs AFC Teams||1|
|vs NFC Teams||4||6||3||3||0||0|
Opponents by Team
|Lincoln Financial Field||1||1||1||0||0||0|
Originally a 3rd-round (84th pick overall) draft choice by the Arizona Cardinals in 2014…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on March 15, 2018.
- Originally a 3rd-round (84th pick overall) draft choice by the Arizona Cardinals in 2014…Signed as a free agent by the Giants on March 15, 2018.
- Martin has played in 72 regular-season games with 21 starts, and played in 2 postseason games…Career totals include 94 tackles (57 solo) 6.0 sacks, 1 interception, 5 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles, and 9 special teams tackles…He has 4 solo tackles in postseason play.
- In his first season with the Giants in 2018, Martin played in all 16 games with 7 starts at strongside linebacker…Finished with a career-high 48 tackles (22 solo) and tied his career best with 1.5 sacks. Also had 5 tackles for loss, 10 quarterback hits and 2 passes defensed…Tallied a season-high 9 tackles (4 solo) vs. Tennessee (12/16) and 7 stops (4 solo), including a 7-yard sack, vs. Tampa Bay (11/18)…Had 2 tackles (1 solo) and a half-sack at Washington (12/9).
- In 2017, Martin played in all 16 games for the 2nd time, and he started a career-high 10 games – 9 at outside linebacker and 1 on the defensive line (Nov. 19 at Houston)…Recorded a career-best 23 tackles (18 solo), 1.0 sack, 1 forced fumble and his first career interception when he picked off a Jared Goff screen pass intended for Todd Gurley and returned it 7 yards vs. the Rams on Dec. 3. It was Martin's first pick since his senior season at Roanoke Rapids (N.C.) High School.
- Martin had a career-high 6 tackles, 1 for a loss, and 1 pass defensed at Washington (12/17)…Registered 3 tackles, including a 6-yard sack of Eli Manning, who fumbled – and recovered - the ball vs. the Giants (12/24).
- In 2016, Martin played in 13 games and collected 6 tackles, including 1.0 sack, plus 6 tackles and a forced fumble on special teams…Sacked Cam Newton for a 4-yard loss at Carolina (10/30)…Had a career-high 4 tackles at the Rams (1/1).
- In 2015, played in all 16 games with 2 starts and had 9 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 1 forced fumble, plus 2 special teams tackles…Added 4 tackles in 2 playoff games…Split a sack with Markus Golden at Chicago (9/20)…Registered his 2nd career full sack and forced fumble vs. Green Bay (12/27); took down Aaron Rodgers in the 3rd quarter and the fumble on the play was recovered and returned 36 yards for a touchdown by Cory Redding…It was 1 of 9 Cardinals sacks in the game…Started for the injured Golden and collected 3 tackles vs. Seattle (1/3)…Assisted on 2 tackles in an NFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Green Bay (1/16), and had 2 assisted tackles in the NFC Championship Game at Carolina (1/24).
- As a rookie in 2014, Martin played in 11 games with 2 starts and tallied 8 tackles, 1.0 sack, 1 forced fumble and 1 pass defensed…Made his NFL debut and collected his first career tackle at the Giants (9/14)…Started for the first time and recorded 2 solo tackles vs. San Francisco (9/21)…Started 2nd straight game and had 3 solo tackles and his first career pass defensed at Denver (10/5)…Recorded first career sack and forced fumble by Austin Davis that was returned by Antonio Cromartie for a touchdown in the 4th quarter vs. St. Louis (11/9)…Inactive for the NFC Wild Card game at Carolina (1/3.
- Played in 49 games with 41 starts at North Carolina and recorded 178 tackles (92 solo), 19.5 sacks, 45.5 tackles for losses, 13 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries…His 19.5 sacks placed him 7th on the school's career list…Beginning with his sophomore season in 2011, Martin started the final 38 games of his collegiate career…As a senior in 2013, was an All-Atlantic Coast Conference first-team selection from the team's coaches…Started all 13 games and earned a spot in the Senior Bowl after recording a career-high 82 tackles (46 solo)…Ranked third in the ACC and 8th in the nation with 11.5 sacks...In 2012, he was an All-ACC 2nd-team selection as a junior, when he started all 12 games and was 4th in the conference and 2nd on the team with 15.5 tackles for losses…Had 4.0 sacks...As a sophomore in 2011, began his streak by starting all 13 games at right defensive end…Finished the season with 40 tackles (20 solo), 7 tackles for losses, and 4.0 sacks…As a true freshman in 2010, Martin played in 11 games with 3 starts and recorded 16 tackles (7 solo).
- Served as a Play 60 Ambassador adopting Lewis F. Cole Middle School in Fort Lee, N.J., motivating the students, to get active and play outside…Attended the 2019 Giants Draft Party, thanking season ticket holders for their support and celebrating the new rookie draft class…Attended the Giants annual Jingle Jam holiday party for 600 New Jersey foster children, who each received winter coats, clothes, athletic equipment and enjoyed a night of dancing and fun activities…During Salute to Service month, played video games at the training facility against military veterans through the Wounded Warrior Project as well as led the veterans through a tour of the facility…Represented American Diabetes Association during Week 13 of the My Cause My Cleats NFL initiative…Packed 1,000+ care packages with front office staff, coaches and teammates that were donated to My Sisters' Place, a safe haven for victims of domestic violence and human trafficking.
- Majored in public policy at UNC…Attended Roanoke Rapids (N.C.) High School, where he was a standout in football, basketball and track…. Was twice named the area Defensive Player of the Year and was selected the North Carolina High School Athletic Association's (NCHSAA) Athlete of the Year…As a senior, led team to an undefeated season and a conference title and finished the season with 163 tackles (25 for losses), 10 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 4 sacks and 1 interception…Had 121 tackles and 5 sacks as a junior…Named the 5th-best player in the state by The Charlotte Observer and was invited to play in North Carolina's Shrine Bowl, where he earned MVP honors after recording 8 tackles, recovered 2 fumbles, and forced a fumble that led to a touchdown…Was a hurdler and high jumper for the track team.