|2021||New York Giants||17||88||54||34||0||0||5||5||1||64||12.8||41|
|2020||New York Giants||6||24||14||10||0||0||1||1||0||0||0||0|
Originally a 2nd round (36th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- Originally a 2nd round (36th pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2020.
- McKinney has played in 23 games with 20 starts…Totals include 117 tackles (73 solo), 6 interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), 11 passes defensed, 2 tackles for loss and one special teams tackle.
- In 2021, McKinney played in all 17 games with 16 starts and recorded a career-high 93 tackles (59 solo), 10 passes defensed, while adding a team-high 5 interceptions…His 5 interceptions were tied for the 4th-most in the NFL and the most by a safety.
- Started the season-opener vs. Denver (9/12) and posted 3 tackles and 2 passes defensed…Posted 3-straight games with 6 tackles: vs. Atlanta (9/26), at New Orleans (10/3) and at Dallas (10/10)…Recorded his first game with multiple interceptions vs. the Rams (10/16) when he intercepted quarterback Matthew Stafford and returned it for 23 yards, as well as quarterback John Wolford.
- Earned NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors after recording his 2nd game of the season with multiple interceptions vs. Las Vegas (11/7) when he twice picked off Raiders quarterback Derek Carr…Returned the 2nd interception 41 yards for a touchdown at the beginning of the 3rd quarter…Joined then New England Patriots cornerback J.C. Jackson as the only players in 2021 with multiple 2-interceptions games.
- Tallied 8 tackles (4 solo), one interception and 2 passes defensed vs. Philadelphia (11/28)…Intercepted Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts in the third quarter …Recorded 6 tackles (4 solo) at Miami (12/5)…Posted 6 tackles (4 solo) and a pass defensed vs. Chicago (1/2), which gave him his first season with double-digit passes defensed.
- As a rookie in 2020, McKinney played in the final six games, including starts in each of the last four…On injured reserve from Sept. 6-Nov. 28 after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured foot he suffered in training camp…Contributed 24 tackles (14 solo), including one tackle for loss…Also had one interception…Played 5 snaps on defense and 9 on special teams in his NFL debut at Cincinnati (11/29)…Made his first start vs. Arizona (12/13) and had 4 tackles (3 solo)…With James Bradberry sidelined, started at left cornerback and tallied 4 tackles (2 solo) vs. Cleveland (12/20)…Started at free safety and collected 8 tackles (season-high 7 solo) at Baltimore (12/27)…Helped secure the Giants' victory in their season finale when he intercepted an Andy Dalton pass in the end zone for his first career pick with 1:15 remaining vs. Dallas (1/3)…Also had 8 tackles (4 solo), including one for a loss.
- In 3 years at Alabama, McKinney played in 41 games with starts in each of his last 28 contests…Totaled 176 tackles (108 solo), including 13 tackles for loss, 6.0 sacks, 5 interceptions – returning 2 for touchdowns - 20 passes defensed, 5 forced fumbles and one fumble recovery…As a junior in 2019, started all 13 games…Named first-team All-SEC by the league's coaches and the AP…Selected 2nd-team All-America by the AFCA, The Sporting News and Walter Camp and 3rd team by the AP…Named a semifinalist for the Thorpe Award, presented annually to the nation's top defensive back…Finished 10th in the SEC in with a team and career-high 95 tackles (59 solo), including 5.5 for loss, 3.0 sacks and a conference-high 4 forced fumbles…Added 3 interceptions, including one he returned 81 yards for a touchdown, 5 pass breakups and 5 quarterback hurries…In 2018, started all 15 games and ranked 3rd on the team with 73 tackles (44 solo), including 6 stops for loss, 3.0 sacks, 2 interceptions, (one returned for a touchdown), 10 pass breakups, and one forced fumble…As a freshman in 2017, played in 13 of 14 games, primarily on special teams…Totaled 8 tackles (5 solo), including 1.5 for loss.
- Supported the Food Bank for New York City during the 2021 season by funding a BackPack program for P.S. 57 Hubert H. Humphrey Elementary School and sponsoring a teacher appreciation program…Encouraged fans to donate while online shopping at Stop & Shop and helped donate 5,000 meals to those in need throughout New York City during the holidays.
- McKinney was a 4-year letterman at Roswell (Ga.) High School, playing everywhere in the secondary as well as wide receiver…Unanimous 4-star prospect who was named a top-10 safety nationally by all major recruiting outlets...Participated in the Under Armour All-America Game and Nike's 2016 "The Opening."…As a senior in 2016, was selected as the Georgia Class 7A Defensive Player of the Year by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution...Recorded 82 tackles, 7 interceptions, 9 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles and 2 recoveries as a senior in 2016…In his junior season, had 111 tackles, including 4 for a loss and 2 sacks, 13 pass breakups and 9 interceptions, 2 of which were returned for touchdowns…Also played basketball at Roswell.